Using dynamic content permalink with an anchor id

Hi,

I’d like to make a button that uses the dynamic content to pull in the permalink but have it go to a specific part of the page using an anchor.

I’ve tried this:

{{dc:post:permalink#transcript}}

But, it looks like the #transcript is being ignored and it is only going to the permalink.

I’ve tried adding the anchor as an ID in the custom box of the Div I’m targeting and as a text anchor and neither is working, so I’m thinking it must have to do with the way I’m writing the DC code.

Thanks!
Jen

Hello Jen,

Thanks for writing to us.

In order to help you with your concern, we need to check your settings, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • Exact Page URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hi,

I have left a secure note in the post above. Let me know if you need any further information to help troubleshoot.

Thanks!
Jen

Hello Jen,

Thanks for sharing the login details, I went ahead and checked your settings. It seems that you have set the Row base tag as an anchor.

Please note that you can not have multiple anchor tags inside the anchor tag so I have changed it to DIV and the dynamic content code should be like this {{dc:post:permalink}}#transcript

All-Other-Archives-Layouts-Pro1

Please check your site now. It is working fine at the moment.

Hope it helps
Thanks

Thank you so much!! I’d never have though of looking at that, so not sure how the Row was set to . All is working well now.

Hi @petitshoo,

You’re welcome! If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.