User Permissions - Editor allow Design Control for Section ONLY

Hi,

I’m building a site for a client and setting up a User Permission profile for Editor User for them to update content.

I would prefer to only allow Simple Mode for all text & images but it seems the only way to allow them to modify a background image in a Section is by setting Design Controls in pages to ON. This then sets ALL elements to show Design Controls.

Can you please explain how I switch OFF design Controls for all other elements but keep it ON for Sections?

Thanks,
Darren.

Hello Darren,

Thanks for writing in! Yes, you can allow or disallow some of the functionalities according to user roles. Kindly check out this documentation here:

We would love to know if this has worked for you. Thank you.

Hi Ruenel,

Can you please explain how I switch OFF design Controls for all other elements but keep it ON for Sections?

Regards
Darren.

Hello Darren,

Simply go to X or Pro > Settings > Elements and select each respective element that you want to disable. Only enable the section.

I would also recommend that you create another user account that has an Editor role so that you can also verify which element you would like to be available and restricted to the Editors.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Hi Ruenel,

Here are the Editor User settings I’ve used for Section & Headline. As you can see, I’m unable to access the Section Design Controls when logged in as an Editor.

Hi Darren,

Can you please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.