Url link to tabs not scrolling anymore

Hi,

I have been using the instructions from here: Tabbed content - url link to go to a specific tab to set up the tabs and the code worked beautifully up until the latest update.

When I click the link: https://ingineria.com/servicii/#consultanta , it goes to the intended page and opens the tab but it doesn’t scroll anymore.

I know this is custom development and support might not be provided but I’m wondering if something changed in the latest update.

I have also tried to use all the other codes provided for this issue in all previous threads but with no result.

I’ll provide the password for bypassing the under construction in a secure note attached to this topic, in case you would be able to provide any guidance.

Thank you!

Hi @danielbalanica,

Thanks for reaching out.

I suggest that you upgrade your Pro theme to the latest version which is 4.1.3 and let see if it will solve your current issue.

I also recommend the following troubleshooting procedures before we investigate the settings.

1. TESTING FOR THEME RELATED ISSUE
  2. TESTING FOR PLUGIN CONFLICT
  3. THEME UPDATE
  4. CHILD THEME
  5. CSS/JS CUSTOMIZATION
  6. VERSION COMPATIBILITY

Only if none of that helps, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Hi @marc_a,

I have updated to the latest version of Pro and went through all the steps you suggested above but it didn’t fix the issue.

The tabs are working perfect and they open as they should but it still doesn’t scroll to the element, which is down the page, when I click the link.

I have a very, very basic level of jQuery but I’m guessing something changed in the code I’ve been using:

jQuery (function($){
$(window).load ( function() {

if(window.location.hash) {
  var hash = window.location.hash.substring(1); //Puts hash in variable, and removes the # character

var header_height =  115 + $('#wpadminbar').height();      

var yloc = $('[data-x-toggle-hash="' + hash + '"]').offset().top - header_height;

$('html, body').stop().animate({
    scrollTop: yloc
}, 850);

}

} );

});

A wild guess but maybe " data-x-toggle-hash " changed into a different name? I don’t know how to check this.

I’m providing the wp login url and admin details in a secure note if you can help.

Thank you for your time!

Hello @danielbalanica,

Regretfully custom JS coding is beyond the scope of our support already. We can not provide a custom code.

Please use the native Toggle Hash option of the Tabs element instead, please follow the following thread.

Cheers!

Hi @ruenel,

Thanks for this, it’s exactly what I needed!

I think the above examples would be useful for others in the Docs/Tabs description, it’s good to know that there’s a native feature to link to an open tab, without the need of custom code.

Regards!

You are most welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.