Upgrading my theme pro caused a conflict with one of my plugins and login page stopped working

Hi,
I have Theme pro on my website as well as theme my login plugin they were working fine until the last theme update which caused my login page to display a white screen.
May you please help me through this?
#theme_my_login

Hi Peter,

Thank you for writing in, in which of your site you’re having the issue? You can login to your server via FTP and rename the theme my login plugin for a while so it will be deactivated and open up your login page.

It is also possible, that it is a caching-related issue, please clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Cheers!

I deactivated the plugin and I can login now but I need to have that plugin as an important part of my website so we should manage the issue in some way. I tried to clear out the caches and the website is at the following address:
https://learn.culturalinfusion.org.au/login
When I enabled debugging mode I got the following warnings:
Warning : include(template-blank-5.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in */wp-includes/template-loader.php on line 106

Warning : include(): Failed opening ‘template-blank-5.php’ for inclusion (include_path=’.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php74/root/usr/share/pear’) in */wp-includes/template-loader.php on line 106

Hi Peter,

There might be some conflict between the Plugin and the Theme. As this is a 3rd Party plugin issue, I would suggest you contact the Plugin Author and let us know the feedback from them on this.
NOTE: The specified type of errors are Warning, and will not affect anything. Still, we will try to replicate it and report it to our development team for further investigation.

Thanks

Hi Tristup,
Ok, I’m waiting for your response as we talked with the plugin author and we realized the plugin is working outside Theme pro by creating a simple Gutenburg WordPress editor without any issue.
BTW, the warning is very severe as it said it cannot find a file related to the template. So I need you to investigate the issue and let me know why it should be like this.
All the best

Hi Peter,

I have investigated the issue you are having with the template, but am unable to replicate it in my local environment. The issue you are having mostly occurs if the template file is not in the desired location or not having the proper permission to be included.
I would suggest you check the following path if that file exists or not.

1. pro\template-blank-5.php
2. pro\framework\views\icon\template-blank-5.php
3. pro\framework\views\ethos\template-blank-5.php
4. pro\framework\views\renew\template-blank-5.php
5. pro\framework\views\integrity\template-blank-5.php

If the template file exists in all the above locations, there might be an issue with file permission. I would suggest you check the file permission and change accordingly. If the file is missing in any of the above locations, the theme might have corrupted during the update process or anything else. In that case, I would suggest you update the theme by downloading it from your Themeco Account.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

I’m using child theme should I check it on the pro folder or in the pro-child?

I ran it on the main theme and this is the result:

ls -l pro/template-blank-5.php pro/framework/views/icon/template-blank-5.php pro/framework/views/ethos/template-blank-5.php pro/framework/views/renew/template-blank-5.php pro/framework/views/integrity/template-blank-5.php

ls: cannot access pro/template-blank-5.php: No such file or directory
-rw-r–r--. 1 culinf culinf 850 Aug 21 07:44 pro/framework/views/ethos/template-blank-5.php
-rw-r–r--. 1 culinf culinf 910 Aug 21 07:44 pro/framework/views/icon/template-blank-5.php
-rw-r–r--. 1 culinf culinf 804 Aug 21 07:44 pro/framework/views/integrity/template-blank-5.php
-rw-r–r--. 1 culinf culinf 800 Aug 21 07:44 pro/framework/views/renew/template-blank-5.php

Also I downloaded the latest version of Pro theme and there was no “pro/template-blank-5.php” there, here is the list of files:

$ ls -l
total 1408
-rwxrwxrwx 1 nabi nabi 1680 Aug 24 14:50 comments.php
drwxrwxrwx 1 nabi nabi 512 Aug 25 15:24 cornerstone
-rwxrwxrwx 1 nabi nabi 312 Aug 24 14:50 footer.php
drwxrwxrwx 1 nabi nabi 512 Aug 25 15:24 framework
-rwxrwxrwx 1 nabi nabi 3238 Aug 25 14:03 functions.php
-rwxrwxrwx 1 nabi nabi 312 Aug 24 14:50 header.php
-rwxrwxrwx 1 nabi nabi 396 Aug 24 14:50 index.php
-rwxrwxrwx 1 nabi nabi 499 Aug 24 14:50 readme.txt
-rwxrwxrwx 1 nabi nabi 136302 Aug 24 14:50 screenshot.png
-rwxrwxrwx 1 nabi nabi 682 Aug 24 14:50 sidebar.php
-rwxrwxrwx 1 nabi nabi 293 Aug 24 14:50 style.css
-rwxrwxrwx 1 nabi nabi 2213 Dec 28 2020 wpml-config.xml

Hi Peter,

Sorry for the confusion, by seeing the issue it has been assumed that you are using an older version of theme where the mentioned file exists. Current versions does not have that file directly into the theme folder, but it exists in inner folder as mentioned in my post.

It has been found in your post that the permission given to those files are -rw-r–r– which Read and Write for the owner and for others only Read it should have the execution permission for all types of users, it should look like -rwx-r-x-r-x or -rwxrwxrwx.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

I downloaded the latest version from my account and still those files are there, should I remove them manually?

ls -l pro/template-blank-5.php pro/framework/views/icon/template-blank-5.php pro/framework/views/ethos/template-blank-5.php pro/framework/views/renew/template-blank-5.php pro/framework/views/integrity/template-blank-5.php

ls: cannot access pro/template-blank-5.php: No such file or directory
-rwxr-xr-x. 1 culinf culinf 850 Dec 28 2020 pro/framework/views/ethos/template-blank-5.php
-rwxr-xr-x. 1 culinf culinf 910 Dec 28 2020 pro/framework/views/icon/template-blank-5.php
-rwxr-xr-x. 1 culinf culinf 804 Dec 28 2020 pro/framework/views/integrity/template-blank-5.php
-rwxr-xr-x. 1 culinf culinf 800 Dec 28 2020 pro/framework/views/renew/template-blank-5.php

Also I modified the execution permission and still it is not working.

Hi Peter,

Can you please copy your live site to a staging server so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site?
And give us access in the secure note including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password
– FTP/CPanel credential to access the files

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! I have activated the Pro theme and the site displays correctly. It seems that your issue is in your child theme’s functions.php file. We can see that you have added a bunch of custom PHP codes to your child theme. Regretfully custom coding is beyond the scope of our support. You may need to contact the source of the code or a 3rd party developer to be able to troubleshoot the codes added to your child theme.

Note: We are unable to provide support for customizations under our Support Policy. If you are unfamiliar with code and resolving potential conflicts, you may select our One service for further assistance.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hi,

I have this exact same issue. I do not have anything inside my child theme and I also get the exact same message:

Warning : include(template-blank-5.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in * /wp-includes/template-loader.php on line 106

Warning : include(): Failed opening ‘template-blank-5.php’ for inclusion (include_path=’.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php74/root/usr/share/pear’) in * /wp-includes/template-loader.php on line 106

This is clearly a theme update issue as when I reinstall a backup of the theme from my server, the issue goes away. Furthermore, the issue is only appearing on the login page and no other area so the site will appear normal until you try to login. That is when it throws the error.

Please advise on this as I too rely on Theme My Login to allow users to login to my site so this issue with the theme update not working needs to be solved.

Thank you.

Hello @ruenel
As I can see still the login page is not working and when I reverted the theme back to version 4.3 it worked:
https://learn-ar.culturalinfusion.org.au/login
So the problem still exist and despite the Pro theme without any customization (Not pro-child) login page still shows white page of death.

Hi Peter,

There could be another variable involve (perhaps another plugin or server configuration). As I tested Theme My Login plugin, it works with the latest version (PRO 5.0.7 and X 9.0.7)

Thanks,

Hi,

I found out what the issue was.

On those pages, they had a page template applied to them (which apparently are not included in the theme anymore). So switching to the “default” template for those pages solved the issue.

Thanks.

Thank you @zackfiske!! I tried your fix and it worked on my site as well.

Did you sort a workaround so you could still have your original styling? For now at least its have preserved functionality.

Hi @zackfiske,

I suspect it is a custom page template since we did not remove any page template that comes with the theme, is that right?

Thanks,