Site Crash After Update

I just updated the theme to the latest version and it crashed my site. I am now getting an error message:

Fatal error : Cannot declare class Cornerstone_Shortcode_Preserver, because the name is already in use in /home/customer/www/nclexexamscholar.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/classic/utility/class-shortcode-preserver.php on line 8

Please advise asap.

Thank you.

Hi @zackfiske,

That file was relocated, and shouldn’t exist anymore at the path mentioned in your log. I would recommend reinstalling Pro from the WordPress dashboard:

• Go to Appearance > Themes
  • Click Add New, then Upload
  • Upload the latest version of Pro
  • It will prompt if you would like to replace the existing version. Choose “Replace”.

That should ensure any files get removed that shouldn’t still exist.

Hi,

I just followed your instructions, and now I am seeing this:

Warning : include(template-layout-full-width.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/customer/www/nclexexamscholar.com/public_html/wp-includes/template-loader.php on line 106

Warning : include(): Failed opening ‘template-layout-full-width.php’ for inclusion (include_path=’.:/usr/local/php74/pear’) in /home/customer/www/nclexexamscholar.com/public_html/wp-includes/template-loader.php on line 106

Please advise.

Thanks.

Hi Zack,

In that case, please provide us login credentials in a secure note (wp-admin and FTP) so we can take a closer look.

Thanks,

It appears another user has the exact same issue I am having, down to the same error message. Please see the thread here:

Thanks.

Hi Zack,

Is this the plugin (Theme My Login)? I was not able to replicate the issue on my local dev with that plugin. We appreciate it if you can provide us login credentials so we can investigate the issue.

Thanks,

Hi,

I found out what the issue was.

On those pages, they had a page template applied to them (which apparently are not included in the theme anymore). So switching to the “default” template for those pages solved the issue.

Thanks.

Glad you sorted things out,

Cheers,

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.