Upgrade caused content to go behind header

Hello,
My client’s site: www.myfcpl.org, was upgraded to Pro. When both Pro and Wordpress were upgraded, the content is now hiding behind the header, and the header is sticky, when it should scroll with the content. I’ve tried everything in the header builder. Please help and thank you in advance,

Aubrey

Hi @aubreyburkhart,

Thanks for reaching out.

I don’t see a problem in your website. Can you tell in detailed instruction, on how do you want the header and content works.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Thank you for the response. The header needs to scroll with the rest of the site. Right now, it’s stuck at the top. Also, on several pages, the content is cut off and is behind the header (example: sub nav > Locations)

Hello @aubreyburkhart,

I checked your site Header. It seems that the Header style is overridden by your “Autoptimize” plugin cache style because of that the Header is stuck at the top and content cut of in inner pages. I would suggest you purge all the cache and temporarily disable the Autoptimize plugin. I would also recommend you to clear your browser cache and then check it again.

If the issue still persists, I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing for Plugin Conflict
  2. CSS/JS Customization
  3. Disabling Cache

If none of those work, please send your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Please note that we don’t provide any third-party plugin support. It is out of the support scope.

Hope it helps
Thanks

Hello, I’ve tried everything… and it’s still not working. I’ll send you login info.

Hi @aubreyburkhart,

There is a code position: fixed ! important; in child theme’s styles.css file. The code makes the header sticky and it makes the content hide under the header. Please remove the code and check.

Hope it helps
Thanks

Hello again,
Thank you for the help. Unfortunately removing that line of code did not fix the header issue.

Please help and thank you again for all that you do,
Aubrey

Hello Aubrey,

Kindly remove the entire code:

header.x-masthead {
    z-index: 11000;
    width: 100%;
}

After removing the code, always remember to clear all caches (especially if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

And please clear your browser cache too. You may use private browsing mode in testing your site to make sure that you are viewing the latest codes from the updates and not the cached version in your browser.

That worked - thank you!

hello @aubreyburkhart,

Glad that we were able to help you.

Have a great day!
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.