Updating X Theme From X 5.0.3

My client is running X 5.0.3 and Cornerstone 2.0.5. I added a license and attempted to update to the newest versions and it crashed the site. I restored back to the old version and am hoping you can help tell me the best way to update the site without having it crash. All my other things are updated - we are now running PHP 8.0 and Wordpress 6.0.1.

Hello @vaughanmatt,

Thanks for writing to us.

It might be the issue of version compatibility issue I would suggest you please make sure your theme, plugin, WordPress core, and the PHP version are updated. Please note your server PHP version needs to be 7.4 or 7.4+ as per our version compatibility page.

It is also recommended by the WordPress as well please have a look at this article

In case you have not seen our doc of theme update please have a look at it.

Please note you must have a backup of the database and files before updating the theme, plugin, or WordPress or It would be best if you could copy your live website to your staging area. then update the theme.

In case it doesn’t work for you I would suggest you troubleshoot a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing For Theme Related Issue
  2. Testing For Plugin Conflict
  3. Theme Update
  4. Child Theme
  5. Css/Js Customization
  6. Increasing Php Memory Limit
  7. Disabling Cache
  8. Disabling Cdn
  9. Permalinks
  10. Version Compatibility

If none of those work, It would be best if you could copy your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP Details

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.