Updating to Beta version broke site, critical error message

Thanks for the update. I’m sorry you’re having this error. When you have a moment could you enable WP_DEBUG again? I’m wondering if it’s a different error than the one from before. I tried logging in but there isn’t enough error output to determine what is failing. Thanks!

I enabled WP_DEBUG again. Thanks for looking into this.

I also installed the Beta2 on my own website without having any major errors, just an ID couldn’t be read anymore (got the error: [Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘appendChild’ of null] when i changed the ID to a class the error was gone but maybe it is still useful to know (on this website I did quite some customizations) also the used footer didn’t have its set background colors anymore. Apart from this everything went well. If you want have more info I will send you inlog credentials again in a secure message

Thank you! I logged in and found the error. It was quite helpful, and I’ve added a countermeasure to prevent the fatal error. I do think it is still choking on some values, so I’ve added some code to output a PHP Warning. I don’t think this is fully resolved but at least it won’t crash the site, and we’ll have better error output with the next version.

Regarding the ID to class change, thank you for the heads up! I can keep an eye out for issues like that. Do you recall if the issue was the ID not being output at all? That sounds like it could have caused the error you’re seeing. If that’s true, do you remember what kind of element it was? No worries either way, we’ll be able to figure it out.

Let me know after the next beta/RC if you’re still seeing the footer color issue. I’ve worked out some issues involving Global colors so that might have resolved your issue.

Thank you!

Hey @alexander I just double checked about the ID, I gave a section the ID and within that section I’m using Three.js code. When I change it back to the ID the whole section is not being output on the front-end when I change this to the Class everything works as before.

Yesterday I created another staging website and also there I encountered some issues. One text block had a scaling property set to it on hover which probably inherited this style from a design cloud asset that I used (Effect Deconstruction) and the used design cloud asset was showing normally, only on hover the pictures disappeared and were replaced for a “link” icon.

If you need more info or login credentials of the mentioned sites let me know.

Cheers!

Thank you! I see the ID attribute doesn’t output on sections anymore… will get that patched up. We’ll test the design cloud asset as well.

Edit: section ID issue resolved.

Hey @alexander I just tried installing Beta3 but unfortunately it is still giving errors. First I tried to install the Beta3 on the existing staging website which gave errors and then I decided to create a new staging environment which also caused errors. See attached screenshot.
Let me know again if you want to login to have a closer look.

Thank you, I’m sorry we have to keep going around with this one. It looks like the extra logging I added isn’t getting a chance to output anything. Would it be possible to get FTP credentials as well? I could just repair it live on the site, then bring those code changes back into Cornerstone/Pro. If not there’s a few other things I can try. Thank you!

No problem, will add the details in a secure message

Thank you! I was able to get it working. I’ve installed a development build on your site with the patch.

Nice that you got it working! The only thing I noticed thus far is that the footer background color still changed its color from the original site.

Thanks! I was able to track that down. Next time I have a build I’ll update the staging site to double check.

Hi @SchoonhovenOntwerpStudio,

I’ve installed the RC (I’m about to get it published, you didn’t miss anything) on your staging site and looks like the footer colors are back! Should be all set here but let me know if you run into anything else.

Hello @alexander I just installed RC3 on the dev site but there are still some things not showing up as intended, buttons inherited other colors as the ones I applied, also some backgrounds are missing the set color. Just for clarity, I can change everything back to how it was myself but I thought you should know this since people might complain about this after updating. It is about the same site of which the credentials are written down in a few messages above.

Cheers.

I’m sorry about that. Something I did last night to fix loopers broke how Global colors were getting applied. We’re really close here. Fixed for official release.

Hi again,

I’ve installed a patch build on your site just to make sure, and looks like we’re good to go.

1 Like

Yep all good now!

Ok great! Thanks for confirming.

Hey @alexander I just discovered that because of 1 of the recent updates Layerslider stopped working properly. You can see on the website mentioned above that only 1 slide shows up after that the screen goes blank. This happened on the live site so I decided to update the staging website and after doing this also here Layerslider stopped working. I’m not able to update the plugin also on both sites and here is 1 of the errors from the console:

Uncaught TypeError: ie.transitions._slideTimeline.stop is not a function
at Object.forced (eval at (layerslider.kreaturamedia.jquery.js?ver=6.9.2:13), :1:140982)
at Object.start (eval at (layerslider.kreaturamedia.jquery.js?ver=6.9.2:13), :1:118430)
at eval (eval at (layerslider.kreaturamedia.jquery.js?ver=6.9.2:13), :1:56424)
at Object.layers (eval at (layerslider.kreaturamedia.jquery.js?ver=6.9.2:13), :1:112952)
at a (eval at (layerslider.kreaturamedia.jquery.js?ver=6.9.2:13), :1:103043)
at e (eval at (layerslider.kreaturamedia.jquery.js?ver=6.9.2:13), :1:103102)

Thanks

Regarding that error, can you try testing for a plugin conflict? I was taking a look around and found this: I cannot download any template from design cloud to my X theme

It could be another plugin that extends jQuery similar to LayerSlider and having both active causes the error.