Updating issues on multisite

Hi!

I’m running X Pro on a multisite network, and automatical update, and any updates except for manual aren’t’ possible. I just updated manually the other day to the latest version 5.1.5 and there’s no change.

There’s no updates available either in the admin pages of a specific site (of course, since that’s a thing for multisites) but to be clear, this is not possible even in the multisite admin as well.

Is this anything that’s on my installation, is it a lacking feature of X or is it due to anything else?

I saw this post, but don’t see any fix, at least not for my site.

Sincerely

Christoffer

Hello Christoffer,

Thanks for writing to us.

The themes can be updated as usual through the Updates page in the network dashboard. If you can’t see the update notification, you can update themes manually just as you would on a regular WordPress installation just copy the updated theme folder to wp-content/themes for themes. You can do this via FTP using FileZilla, or you can do it via SSH by downloading the updates, decompressing them, and copying the updated folders to their various destinations, as mentioned.

Please have a look at our documentation to learn more about how to manually update the theme.

Hope it helps
Thanks

Hi @prakash_s!

I’ve updated manually now, a few days ago, but there’s no way to turn on automatic updates as for all the other themes. As well, before I updated I had an old version 4 of Pro, and neither the Wordpress update page or the wordpress theme page (both on the network admin) would find the update, oddly enough. Of course the Pro admin page told that there was an update, but you can’t upgrade from there.

This is the reason behind my question.
But as I understand you, Pro is supposed to be able to update automatically on a multisite installation? :slight_smile:

Sincerely
Christoffer

Hello Christoffer,

You can only update the Pro theme in the main site. If you are not using the Pro theme in your main site, you cannot update it automatically.

Hope this makes sense.

Hi again!
I’m running Pro Theme in the main site, but cannot find any way to update there. Updates are only on the network admin page. Am I missing something here?

Hey Christoffer,

To update themes and plugins using multi-site install, you need to update them in the network admin. I suspect that auto-updates are turned off on your install, you may check this documentation for references.

Hope that helps.

Hi @marc_a!

I’m there, and have auto-updates on for everything else. But there’s no option to turn on auto-updates for Pro. Am I still missing something you’ve already said? :slight_smile:

Hello Christoffer,

With multi-site set up, you will have to go to My Sites > Network Admin > Themes . All updates can only be made in the Network Admins. If you are not seeing any update link or button for the theme, then you will have to do it manually. For more details how you can update the theme manually, please check out “Manual Updates” section in this article: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62

Hope this helps.

Hi @ruenel!

I know that, and I have updated Pro manually. My question was why I don’t see any option to update automatically in My Sites > Network Admin > Themes, since I hear from you that it should be possible. :slight_smile:

Hello Christoffer,

In the multi-site set up, if you go to My Sites > Network Admin > Themes, you usually have this:

With the latest WordPress, any licensed Theme or plugins does not display any auto updates. You will have to update it manually for the time being.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Thank you for the clarification! I’m on the latest Wordpress. :slight_smile:

You are most welcome, Christoffer.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.