Updating failed. The response is not a valid JSON response. Revolution Slider plugin conflict

Hi X Theme,

When I try to save a page using the wordpress editor - I am doing this in order to add a featured image - I get this error:
Updating failed. The response is not a valid JSON response.
I turned off all plugins and turned them back on one by one and it is revolution slider which causes it.

I deleted rev slider and reinstalled it from the pro menu.

The issue still occurs.

I have also removed the classic revolution slider blocks from the page and readded the sliders using shortcode.

The problem persists. If I turn off rev slider plugin then the page saves fine.

Can you help?
Tamsin

Hello Tamsin,

Thanks for writing in!

Please go to Settings > Permalinks and update your permalink settings. Go to Tools > Site Health and make sure to resolve any issues.

It could also be caused by a plugin conflict, amongst other things. Please check out this troubleshooting article here and follow the instructions for the following sections (where appropriate):

Testing for Plugin Conflict
Theme Update
Child Theme
CSS/JS Customization
Increasing PHP Memory Limit
Disabling Cache
Disabling CDN

If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.