Updated X & Cornerstone, website now in error state, parts of pages missing! Undefined Element error in Cornerstone

Large parts of pages on my website are missing following installing an update to the latest version earlier today. Editing in Cornerstone shows the following error:

Undefined Element: This element could not render because its definition is missing. You might need to activate a plugin.

All required plugins are activated and fully up to date. I have tried disabling plugins to no avail.
Wordpress Version - 5.6.1
X version - 8.1.5
Cornerstone - 5.1.5

Hi @Aded01,

Thanks for reaching out!

Since you are done with the basic troubleshooting and the issue still persists. We need to check your WordPress admin. To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Hi there!

I have a similar problem on a site I’m working on. Everything works fine except the “quick access” content block, downloaded from “Design Cloud”. That element is not visible on the page and, in the backend, results in the same error: Undefined Element: This element could not render because its definition is missing. You might need to activate a plugin.

I have the last version of Wordpress, X and Cornerstone, and I also have already tried to disable all plugins.

Any advice?

I also have a similar issue. The home page crashes once I update Cornerstone. I’ve rolled back the update for now and have confirmed that the Cornerstone update is the issue.

Hey guys,

Please do or confirm that you have done all of the troubleshooting steps listed here https://theme.co/docs/common-issues. We need that in order to ensure that the issue is purely with Cornerstone and not caused by other factors that causes problems in WordPress like caching.

Once you proved that the issue is only with Cornerstone, please open your own thread and provide the information asked by my colleague above.

Thanks.

I will run the troubleshooting steps over the next day or two and get back to you.

Hi everyone,

We’ve confirmed there is an issue with Cornerstone. The error mentioned here happens if you have used a Grid element since the last few releases. Regretfully, because of an error in our product bundling process, the Grid element was included in a few releases of Cornerstone. Our products are all cut from the same codebase and what should happen is all files are included in Pro, and some are cut out to create the plugin bundle of Cornerstone. I understand how this can be frustrating as you’ve gotten used to using the Grid element and it was subsequently removed. Unfortunately it is a Pro only feature, and due to its advanced nature we can’t include it in X/Cornerstone.

There are some options we have available. I’ll reach out over email.

Hi @alexander,

Thank you for clarifying.
I own around 8 copies of Pro and X in 2 different accounts and I found this news troubling.
I have the same issue and I lost too much content and no idea how to get it back.

Themeco could give some time to X users to build an alternative, but it didn´t.
This is a sad day for themeco community…

Hi @PanInternational,

I have an idea on how to get your content back. I’ll send you an email.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.