Updated site and the layout has been changed

I updated the site. Now the carousel is gone. There’s too much space between the menu and the first post. The calendar is there and I didn’t want there before. So many things have been changed. How can this be resolved?

Hello @audacity,

Thanks for writing in! Please switch to the parent Pro theme. it seems that you were using modified template files in your child theme which may have caused the issue. Please do the updates in your staging area first. We can do the troubleshooting in your staging area. We would also love to check the child theme that you are using and see any customizations made and integrated into the child theme. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hi @audacity,

I have checked your website and found that you are using the X version 10.1.5 whereas using the Cornerstone version 7.1.7. The issue you are facing might be due to the incompatibility between X and Cornerstone. I would suggest you update the X first and then update the Cornerstone once again by following the below steps.

1. Delete the existing Cornerstone
  2. Update the X theme to the latest version on automatic updates
  3. After the X theme is updated, use the link in the dashboard to automatically install the Cornerstone. It will be on the latest version

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Hi,

That’s not working either. If you can see what I am using, why didn’t you make the changes to see if it would fix it? Sorry but I don’t see the logic here. It’s not working for me. Please help me resolve this. Thank you.

Hi @audacity,

Updating the theme is beyond scope of Theme Support. I have checked your website again and found you are still using the 10.1.7. I would request you please update it by following the steps given in my previous comment. If you still find any issues while doing the update, please copy your live site to a staging server so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site.
And give us access in the secure note including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Did you see the secure note? Thank you.

I see the carousel and the photos above the header BUT those aren’t the articles I want. It shows ETHOS articles. I want the articles that come from my site. My options are random (which would be great if they were MY Articles), Featured (Which is what I WANT but I want them to be MY ARTICLES) and last option is Most Commented (Which is great if they were my articles). I don’t want Theme X articles. Can we please resolve that? I sent you all the information. I’d like to be able to post articles and have them on the carousel blog and above the header.

I’d like to know if the screen is supposed to be dark gray when I click on Cornerstone.
Thank you.

Hello @audacity,

In your homepage, it is displaying this:

You have 721 post items. You have selected the most commented post items to display in the Carousel and the Post Slider. Can you please give us the URL of the Ethos articles that you are referring to?

When you go to the Cornerstone > Theme Option, there is no preview at the moment. There is already an on going request to get the preview display while you are viewing the theme options.

Best Regards.

I chose most commented because when I chose featured it gives me ETHOS articles. I will change it so you can see.

Do you see it?

Uploading: Screen Shot 2023-03-16 at 8.29.09 PM.png…

@ruenel if you go to the site www.audacitymagazine.com you can see the top

@ruenel and @tristup please let me know if you’re not understanding my english. I numbered each problem yet, I feel you are not understanding me.

I told you that I chose most commented because I don’t want my readers to go to my site and see articles from your company. But I changed it again for you so you can see that there are articles on the top that aren’t mine.

I WANT THE FEATURED ARTICLES on the top, but it’s not working. The featured articles aren’t my articles. They are your articles. Please tell me what part of this explanation you are not understanding. I want MY ARTICLES in the TOP OF THE SITE.

Please tell me about the other issues that I have listed in a previous post.
Thank you.

@ruenel @tristup https://www.audacitymagazine.com/my-year-in-a-scottish-castle/ this isn’t my article. I want my articles. NOne of the articles on the top are mine. Please help me resolve this.

@tristup and @ruenel if neither of you can help me because you don’t understand me, please tell me who I should call or email. This is becoming more than frustrating. Thank you.

Hello @audacity,

Did you just import the Ethos Magazine demo site recently? Because those articles are post items of the Ethos Mazine demo site. If you want to get rid of it, please check out the link in the secure note and delete all those post items.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Great. I deleted them. They weren’t mine. NOW the look of the site has changed again. It doesn’t have the FEATURED articles that are mine. How do I make sure that the articles at the top are mine now that I deleted the ones that were the Ethos demo? Thank you.

Please let me know how to get the featured articles up on the carousel. And to answer my other concerns. Thank you.

@tristup why do you guys only comment when I am sleeping? I posted 16 hours ago. Please tell me that your company has people 24/7 because waiting this late for a reply isn’t efficient for the clients.

I’d like this issue resolved. We are going on DAYS with this situation. I have not had one issue resolved yet.

Is there even a supervisor? Someone who actually knows the solution to my site’s issues?
Thank you

Hi @audacity,

“Please let me know how to get the featured articles up on the carousel.”

To assign articles as a feature articles, please check out this documentation:
Post Settings | Themeco Docs

“How do I make sure that the articles at the top are mine now that I deleted the ones that were the Ethos demo?”

You have already deleted 61 post items which are those items from the Ethos demo site.

You have responded to the thread three times already. That means that your thread has been pushed back into the queue three times as well.

Best Regards.