Updated PRO to V6.2.5 and now child can't be activated because it doesn't recognize PRO installed

Hello. I’ve a site with Pro installed and some customizations to apply on child-theme.
I updated Pro version (didn’t recognize license by uploading oldest version of the main theme) and after that I try to activate Pro-Child but it doesn’t allows me to do it.

Error: Can’t find main theme.

Do I need to change anything in child-theme to use it with the latest version of Pro?
Would appreciate some help with it. Thanks in advance.

Hello @stores,

Thanks for writing to us.

It seems that the child theme is not properly installed I would suggest you please download the child theme from here and reinstall it again.

Please note if you have done any customization on the old child theme you need to have a backup of the child theme and then update the child theme customization new child theme.

Thanks

Hello, thanks for your information but I already tried that.

I first tried with my edited child theme and since it wasn’t recognized I tried downloading a blank one from the link you sent. Didn’t work either. Anyways just tried again to send you screenshot:

It says “Can’t find parent theme” and the parent theme was recently downloaded.

Hello @stores,

If the Pro child theme cannot find the parent Pro theme, chances are the following:
1.) You have uploaded the incorrect .zip file
2.) You have renamed the pro folder into something else.

We would love to investigate further. Please provide us your WP details. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hello, already found out.
Just to update here: By mistake uploaded main theme with wrong path (…/pro/pro/files). Solved.

Thank you for your help.

Hi Nubato ,

Great that it is resolved now.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.