Update Theme Failed

Hello,
I proceeded with updating Cornerstone and X-Theme this morning.
The Cornerstone update (4.2.3) worked, unfortunately the Theme update didn’t.

Strange, on the WP Dashboard->Updates page it is showing “X updated successfully”
x-theme-updated

However, if I proceed with navigating to the X->Status page it is showing the old version and then upon reopening the Dashboard->Updates page the update of the X-Theme is still listed as outstanding.

FYI, I am using the Child theme. I have never had this issue before. In all instances updates for both have worked without any problems. The website appears to be working fine, but I wanted to check in and ask if this will have any impact at some point in the future, latest when the next update release is available.

On a final note, I am not using any cache plugins.

Appreciate your feedback on the status.

Many thanks as always,
Cara

Hello Cara,

I have my Cornerstone and X versions update to the latest versions to date and when I check the status page, both versions are displaying correctly.

Please go to the updates page the click on Check Again to force check for updates. If an update shows, try updating X again.

In case the update doesn’t push through, please try updating manually:

If you are still not able to complete the update, please provide us with the admin access to your site in a Secure Note:

Thanks @jade for your quick reply.
Selecting “Check again” didn’t work, but clicking on “Update Themes” without selecting the X-Theme option did solve the problem. Very strange.

Thanks again,
Cara

You’re welcome, Cara. Glad you’ve figured the solution out.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.