Update pro damaged my site

I need help my pro updated and my site was all broken I need to recover, and my dashboard is in a loop I can’t edit

Hello Rafael,

Thanks for writing in!

After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

And please clear your browser cache too. You may use private browsing mode in testing your site to make sure that you are viewing the latest codes from the updates and not the cached version in your browser.

You can check out this documentation:

It could also be caused by a plugin conflict, amongst other things. Please check out this troubleshooting article here and follow the instructions for the following sections (where appropriate):

Testing for Plugin Conflict
Child Theme
CSS/JS Customization
Disabling Cache
Disabling CDN

If after trying all of the above things you are still experiencing problems, we would love to check your site. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

hello thanks i left a safe note

my theme was unformatted and I can’t access the pro is looped!

if i can’t how do i go back to the previous version of the pro?

Hi Rafael,

Just for future topics, self-responding or bumping your post pushes it back in our Queue system so it takes longer to respond to.

Do you have some 3rd party cache or does your hosting provider provide cache on your website? because optimization tools often combine scripts and reorder them and the common cause of issues as some scripts should not be combined, minified nor re-ordered. That being said, I suspect that it is the culprit why the cornerstone is not loading on your website.

Again, I would like you to do the troubleshooting procedures again

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

I don’t know how to tell you at the time the developer seems to have used cdn quic would that be it?

Hi Rafael,

I did go ahead and revert back the site to PRO version 3.2.3 which seems to be the version where the site is built. The site looks normal now.

I’m afraid you need a developer to get involved in updating your site because this site is heavily modified, it’s even using a custom page template on the homepage. That means that the customization done on your site is not compatible with the latest version of the theme anymore so your developer needs to do modifications on those customizations.

Unfortunately, this is outside of the product support that we can offer. But we do have a Maintenance Service called CARE, you might be interested.

Thanks,

thank you you helped me a lot!

now the site is normal, but I try to access the proo to edit and it is in a loop does not come out any recommendation?

Hi Rafael,

I recommend the following troubleshooting procedures before we investigate the settings.

1. TESTING FOR THEME RELATED ISSUE
  2. TESTING FOR PLUGIN CONFLICT
  3. THEME UPDATE
  4. CHILD THEME
  5. CSS/JS CUSTOMIZATION
  6. VERSION COMPATIBILITY

Only if none of that helps, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Hope that helps and let us know how it goes.

the pro and the themes were updated, did you return the pro to the old version, but did you return the themes too? how do i get back?

Hi Rafael,

We don’t quite understand your last question, but please note that PRO is the Theme, that is the name of the Theme. And if you’re asking if I revert that back to the (original) old version, yes I did to fixed the initial issue (broken site)

Now lets recap about your site situation.

• First, you have a broken site issue because of updating the PRO to latest version (5.0.8). That issue happen because your site is heavily customize with a Child Theme, meaning your Child Theme and the (parent theme) PRO is not compatible anymore. So to resolve this, I reverted back the PRO to 3.2.3, which I think is the original version from where your site is built. This resolved this initial issue.

• Now, your issue is about the Cornerstone Content Builder not opening. I investigated this and found out that this issue is now between your Child Theme and WordPress latest version 5.8.1, meaning your Child Theme customizations are not compatible with WordPress latest version. So the solution for this is to revert the WordPress to the original version like what we did to the Pro Theme. However, please note that we can not provide support for this one, and we do not know which version of WordPress your site is coming from.

What you need to do is contact the original developer, and ask what version of WordPress the site is built on and revert the site to that version. Or if you keep a backup of the site, you can restore a backup dated before all this updating (issue) happen.

Thanks,

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.