Update Modern Event Calendar Update no available

Hi there,

I’m having trouble with updating MEC plugin to version 5.13.1. Here’s the message I get when trying to update it:
" There is a new version of Modern Events Calendar available. [View version 5.13.1 details]. Automatic update is unavailable for this plugin."

Please advice. Thanks!

Hello @FullBlast,

There might be a few different reasons for this issue, I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing for Plugin Conflict
  2. CSS/JS Customization
  3. Disabling Cache

If none of the above help, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Alternatively, You can manually deactivate and delete the plugin from your dashboard–>Plugins and reinstall the plugin from Pro–>Valitadion

Validation-‹-admin-—-WordPress

Thanks

Hi Prakash,

I sent you a secure note. Please let me know if you need anything else. Thanks

Hi @FullBlast,

The credentials you added in the secure note is not working, please double check it and let us know again.

Thank you.

Could you try this one?

Hi @FullBlast,

Can you provide us FTP access because when I tried to disable and delete the MEC plugin, I can’t access your website anymore. Please provide the FTP access so that we can fix it right away.

On the other hand, I created a full backup before disabling and deleting the MEC plugin.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Hi Marc,

I quickly fixed that problem.

Few things I should mention… We’re trying to update MEC plugin so we can fix the payment gateway. Currently, it’s not letting people add their payment info. We reached out to Webnus and this is what we got:

make sure you have the latest version of the MEC 5.13.1
For troubleshooting, deactivate all your plugins and let the MEC remain active only, set your theme on default, then reload the page, if the issue was solved, then activate your plugins one by one and your theme, refresh your page and check to see which plugin is causing the issue. if the issue remains, We need some additional information prior to proceeding. Please share the required information.
sending screenshots or a short video and live URL of the issue would be helpful.
explain to us step by step how you set up this and how the issue happens?
https://www.loom.com

We’re trying to avoid deactivating all plugins. Please let us know how we can proceed. Thanks!

Hi @FullBlast,

I suggest that you will create a staging area where you can install the latest version of the MEC 5.13.1 plugin and then download the files using FTP or file manager. Since there’s a problem when we deactivate the MEC on your website, I suggest that you will delete the MEC plugin files using FTP or file manager in the wp-content/plugins directory and at the same time upload the MEC plugin you downloaded from your staging area in the same directory.

On the other hand, If you don’t want to deactivate all your plugins in your production website, I suggest that you will do the testing in your staging area by copying your live website to your staging area.

Hope that helps and let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Hi Marc,

We have set up a development site for you to look at (see secret note). MEC update became available so that’s updated now.

The Stripe payment gateway is still not working. There are no form fields for users to add their credit card info (image below).

I’m trying to avoid deleting Elementor Form Builder, Single Builder, and Shortcode Builder so I don’t lose my progress on that. If you need to, please back them up first.

Thanks for your help!

Hello @FullBlast,

It seems that you have set the Secret key and Publishing key wrongly, the key started with sk_ keys are for Secret keys and pk_ are for Published keys. Please reset the key and check it again, please let us know if the issue still exists.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.