Update broke menu & footer

Hi

I use X and the stack Icon on www.yogipod.co.uk - the most recent updates have broken the menu and footer
The menu no longer runs along the top of the page and instead in a basic hyperlink vertical list. The footer is no longer centred and the social icons are tiny

I have cleared the cache of the website and the browser and that has not helped.

Can you please urgently advice a way to fix this issue?

Hi @chrisjdavies,

Thanks for reaching out.
I have checked your website and found there two points which is the reason behind your issue. The first one is the size of your Logo set to 200px from Theme Options > Headers > Image Width, which is too big and increase the height of the Header. Another one is that the Top Height is set to 70px from Theme Options > Headers, which is why the submenu items are overlapping the Menu.

Screenshot-504- (1)

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Hi @tristup

I’ll check these but the site has been functioning fine until the update to X and Cornerstone today. Now the menu no longer looks like Icon but instead like a hyperlink list. This change only happened after the update

Please can you help with that as right now my website looks awful

Please see images to explain

This is what the menu normally looks like which I am happy with

This is what it looks like after the update

Hi @chrisjdavies,

Just a heads up, after doing any updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

That being said, it seems that you already clear your cache and the issue still persists, would you mind sharing your admin credential so that we can check it properly? To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Yes cache has been purged for the whole site.
Have sent login details on a secure note

Hi @chrisjdavies,

I have checked it before and the Navigation and the Header section is coming up properly without and with login. As my colleague says, there might be some issue with the cache at your end. I would suggest you check once by clearing all types of cache and in the incognito/private mode of the browser.

Thanks

That’s really strange as on my browser both logged in and not it’s showing in the wrong way. This is also the same for icognito and microsoft edge which is a browser I don’t normally use.

I will check on a friends computer and come back to you

Just checked on a couple of other peoples computers and phones and the menu is also showing just as a hyperlink list on their too

Please can you advice how to fix this as was fine before the latest Cornerstone and X updates

Is there anyway I can roll back the update so that my website doesn’t look “buggy”

Hi @chrisjdavies,

Are you using a CDN like Cloudflare? This would explain why other people local to you see the same issue. It could be that the site is cached geographically. It’s showing fine for me as well.

Hi @alexander

I have a CDN through Sucuri - should I ask them to do anything? It’s still showing the “broken” menu for me and seeing as most of my audience is UK based it would be good to get this sorted.

Hi @chrisjdavies,

Yes, please ask Sucuri to clear the cache of your website because your website is just working fine on our end.

Hope that helps and let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Great, thanks @marc_a, I’ll do that and come back to you with feedback. Fingers crossed this works

Hi @chrisjdavies,

You’re welcome and I hope it will do the trick on your end.

Thank you.

Hi @marc_a
That appears to have worked. Thank you for the tip

Hi @chrisjdavies,

You’re welcome and it’s our pleasure to help you! If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.