Unlimited Sidebars

Happy New Year !!

I have several widgets on the Main Sidebar. We have installed a plugin which hides those widgets from specific pages. Recently realized about Unlimited sidebars - which can create sidebars for specific pages. Is it rather possible to show the sidebar on all pages but hide from specific pages? Please see attached.

We have also created a Collapsible Sidebar with an Accordian element, for mobile devices, which calls the Main Sidebar through a Plugin, Sidebar Shortcode. Is there an element we can use to call the Sidebar instead of using the Plugin. Please see attached.

Thank you

Hello @Mang,

Thanks for writing in!

1.) The unlimited sidebars can be assigned to posts and pages. You can also assign it to appear on specific tag or category archives. If you want to hide it on specific pages, it is best that you create another sidebar, let say, “No Display Sidebar” with empty widget areas, and assign this sidebar in those specific pages.

2.) To display a sidebar on the page, you can utilize the “Widget Area” element.

Check out the Widget Area documentation here:

Best Regards.

Thank you @ruenel

1. In my Main sidebar, there are several widgets. Some of the widgets I want to show on specific pages but some widgets, I want to hide from specific pages but show on all others. The pages from which I want to hide a specific widgets does not mean, I want to hide all the widgets from that page, its just some widgets.

2. Using widget area under Accordion is not working, it is displaying the widgets directly on the page, rather than as a dropdown under the collapsible sidebar.

Thanks

Hello @Mang,

For your 1st query

The feature that you want, it would require custom development. I would suggest you contact a developer who can assist you with your concern. Please note that we don’t provide custom developement. It is out of the support scope.

Alternatively, you can create a custom widget area for the page-specific and then add your widgets to that widget area. After that, you can assign that sidebar for the page-specific or call the sidebar to your page that you want to display.

To create a new sidebar widget area. Go to Appearance —>Sidebars—>Add Sidebar

For your 2nd query.

It might be the issue of the plugin conflict issue, CSS/JS customization issue. I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing for Plugin Conflict
  2. CSS/JS Customization
  3. Version Compatibility
  4. Disabling Cache

If it doesn’t work for you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • Exact page URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks for understanding

Please see the attached credentials. I was trying to call the main sidebar inside of the accordion element (Collapsibe Sidebar -> Container 1 -> Accordion

Thank you

I also have this another issue -
I have added a sidebar with just one widget. I am calling the widget on a page using Widget Area. The widget includes a search. When a user searches for something, the widget moves to the sidebar instead of staying on the page. How can I prevent that?

Hello @Mang,

Please be advised that we do not support the Sidebar Shortcode: [sidebar id="sidebar-main"]. Please contact the creators of this plugin why it does not display anything.

Please also be informed that the Accordion element only allows plain texts. You may be able to insert custom HTML or shortcode some others assuming that the HTML code or the shortcode output does not mess the accordion element structure.

In the meantime, if you really want to insert a sidebar in an accordion item, you can do this:

• Go to Pro > Global Blocks
  • Create a custom global block by inserting a section, row and column.
  • Insert the Widget Area element into the column. Do not use any shortcode. The Widget Area that I have indicated in my previous post.
  • Save your changes and take note of the global block shortcode.
  • Lastly, you can insert the global block shortcode inside the accordion item content.

Regarding the search store, you have added the widget on a page. When a user searches the layout changes because this time, it will display the search page layout. What you can do is to create your own custom archive layout and assign it to display only for the search page. To know more about the new Layout Builder, kindly check this out:

or check out this video:

Hope this makes sense.

Thank you Reunel for all that information. It worked great.

1. I was trying to create an Unlimited Sidebar for the Shop and Categories pages. I ticked the check box besides ‘Shop’ under ‘All Posts and Pages’ but the sidebar does not show on the Shop Page? It only shows on the Category pages.
  2. I want to create a sidebar for all the pages that have a URL http://mysite/store/*. Is this possible?

Thank you

Hello Mang,

1.) The sidebar assignment works for specific assignments. See the image below:

2.) Regretfully there isn’t an option that you can assign a sidebar with a specific URL. It may be possible with custom development which is already beyond the scope of our support.

Note: We are unable to provide support for customizations under our Support Policy. If you are unfamiliar with code and resolving potential conflicts, you may select our One or Care service for further assistance.

Thank you for your understanding.

Thank you Reunel. You had mentioned:

Regarding the search store, you have added the widget on a page. When a user searches the layout changes because this time, it will display the search page layout. What you can do is to create your own custom archive layout and assign it to display only for the search page. To know more about the new Layout Builder, kindly check this out:

I created a custom layout with a widget area. Assigned it to the search page but the widget still gets replaced with the search result page.

Appreciate all the support.

Thank you

Hello @Mang,

It seems that you haven’t assigned your sidebar to the Search store page.

Make sure that it is assigned to “Search Store” and “Stores” page.

Best Regards.

Thanks Ruenel.

I have assigned the sidebar to the Search Store and Stores page but it does not change things. When the Stores link is clicked it shows the Search Widget from the Layout, on the Search Store Page. After a user searches through the widget, the results still replace the Search widget on the page but now you see the search widget on the sidebar from the ups-sidebar. The goal was to have the search widget stay on the page with the search results.

Please advice.

Thank you.

Hello @Mang,

I am confused as to what should be displayed on the page. This is what I am seeing:

See the secure note.

When I hit the search button, I get redirected to the store page and see this:

See the secure note.

After checking your page templates and the content layout, it turns out that the custom layout was only assigned to the Seach Store site. You have this condition:

see the secure note.

You will need to edit your condition and add the “Store” page as well.

see the secure note.

You will have to separate each condition because you need OR condition.

Hope this helps.

Thank you!!

You are most welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.