Unable to verify licence. "Uh oh, we couldn't check if this license was valid."

I have updated and reinstalled the latest version of the theme and I keep receiving this error.

Hello @dmh2020,

Thanks for writing in! Please be advised that the X license code can only be used to validate the X theme. You cannot use it to validate the Cornerstone if you are using Cornerstone as a stand-alone plugin.

Please see the secure note.

Best Regards.

Yes, I have purchased X and had previously validated.

Hello @dmh2020,

Please provide us access to your site so we can investigate the issue. In the meantime, you can also check out this documentation:

Best Regards.

When I attempted to activate x theme, my dashboard gave me this error:

There has been a critical error on this website.
WordPress caught an error with your theme, X.

Hi @dmh2020,

To further help you with your issue, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP Access

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

I now am experiencing a new issue, upon updating my X theme plugin I received the immediate error: “There has been a critical error on this website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.”

I believe this is causing issues with other parts of my site as well.

Hello @dmh2020,

I checked your FTP details but unfortunately, the given FTP details are not working at my end. Please recheck and send us again.

I would like to suggest a few troubleshooting steps to fix it. You need to access the file from FTP and rename the theme X to X-test(File Path: wp-content/themes/) and then rename the plugin cornerstone (File path: wp-content/plugins/) to cornerstone-test. If the issue still persists then the issue is not coming from our X theme and cornerstone plugin. It might be the issue of file permission or any plugin issue.

Hope it helps
Thanks

I have updated the log-in credentials. Please assist with the troubleshooting.

Hello @dmh2020,

I have resolved your validation issue by deleting the old Cornerstone version and also I have deactivated the " WP Templates - Edit with Cornerstone Button" plugin temporarily as well.

Kindly check your site now.

Seems to have resolved the error. Thank you. I am also having some issue uploading and viewing media in my WordPress backend, is it possible that this is linked to an issue with the theme?

Hi @dmh2020,

We’re glad that it is now working properly on your end. On your other issue, I suggest that you do the following troubleshooting.

1. TESTING FOR THEME RELATED ISSUE
  2. TESTING FOR PLUGIN CONFLICT
  3. THEME UPDATE
  4. CHILD THEME
  5. CSS/JS CUSTOMIZATION
  6. VERSION COMPATIBILITY

Hope that helps and let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.