Unable to get into Cornerstone pages

Hi there am unable to get into cornerstone pages to edit.

Please view my Attachment. I have deactivated all plugins But still no result. Can you assist?

Hi @deanrix,

Thanks for reaching out.
It seems that the X (version 7.2.3) theme has not been updated to the latest version but the Cornerstone (version 5.0.11) has been updated to the latest version. The issue you are having might be due to the incompatibility between X and Cornerstone. I would also suggest you follow the below steps while updating the X theme and the Cornerstone.

1. Delete the Cornerstone existing one
  2. Update the X theme to the latest version on automatic updates, if it is not already updated to 8.0.11 already
  3. After deletion of the Cornerstone, please use the link in the dashboard to automatically install the Cornerstone.

If that does not resolve the issue, I would suggest you troubleshot a few common issues on this.

1.Plugin Conflict
2.Child Theme Related issue
3.Theme Update related issue
4.CSS/JS Customization

If you discover that an issue is coming from a custom code or 3rd party plugin, kindly consult with a developer or contact the plugin author. Please note that we do not provide support for custom codes and 3rd party plugins.
If none of the above helps and you are still getting the issue, please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

sorry followed your intial 3 steps, however there was no link in dashboard to re-link cornerstone ?

Hello @deanrix,

Please go to X > Validation and wait for a few moments. Cornerstone will be installed automatically or at least there will be a message on top saying that you need to install and activate Cornerstone.

If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hi there,

I have had the Hosting company update my Php to 7.4…Im still getting errors when I go to cornerstone to open up a page to work on.

Hi There,

This is embarrasing…It was not working as I had not updated to the new version of X-Theme.
I’m really sorry to have wasted your time.

Thank you for your assistance tho.

Regards
Dean

Hi Dean,

We’re glad that the issue is now solved on your end. If you have any other concerns regarding our theme features, feel free to reach us.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.