Unable to auto-update Slider Revolution from the WP-admin

Hi,

We are unable to Unable to auto-update Slider Revolution from the WP-admin to the latest version. Just there is error “Plugin update failed.” For reference we have attached screenshot of the errors.

Thank you and best regards,
Bibhash Karn

Hello Bibhash,

Thanks for writing in! The issue is usually caused by the inconsistent file permissions in your WP installation. Please do check this documentation:

If nothing is working, kindly provide us FTP and WP access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role

• FTP hostname
  • FTP username
  • FTP password

- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Hope this helps.

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

We have checked for the permission but don’t found any such issue that can hinder the updates. Also for your information other plugin updates are working well in the system. We have checked with the free plugin and they are updating well. So hoping help in this matter.

Please check the secure note for the access.

Thank you and best regards,
Bibhash Karn

Hey Bibhash,

I have checked your site again and the permission issue was not resolved.
You may need to check this article first:

Anyways, I have manually updated both the Rev Slider and the Pro theme. Please check your site now.

Hello,

We don’t think there is issue with the permission as all other plugins are auto updated in the same system. If you want then you can check it with the provided access.

Thank you for the above link but there is no any such issues regarding the file permission as we are able to update other plugins auto. The issue is with PRO theme and Rev Slider.

Thank you for the manual updates of Rev Slider and the Pro theme.

On update there is error at the product page. Product page is broken at all. Also we have same error at post pages. Please see attached screenshot.

Please help us to fix this error.

Thank you and best regards.

Hi,

While debugging, we found some issue with the code place at the child theme. This piece of code was reason for breaking the product and post pages.

These code were working fine with the earlier version of the PRO theme but the latest version did not support this code.

Below is the code used for social share customization from the theme.co’s forum…

--------------------------------------------------------
//Customization and addition Whatsapp social share icon on posts and products
function custom_shortcode_share( $atts ) {
  extract( shortcode_atts( array(
    'id'          => '',
    'class'       => '',
    'style'       => '',
    'title'       => '',
    'share_title' => '',
    'facebook'    => '',
    'twitter'     => '',
    'google_plus' => '',
    'linkedin'    => '',
    'pinterest'   => '',
    'reddit'      => '',
    'whatsapp'    => '',
    'email'       => '',
    'email_subject' => ''
  ), $atts, 'x_share' ) );

$share_url        = urlencode( get_permalink() );

if ( is_singular() ) {
    $share_url = urlencode( get_permalink() );
  } else {
    global $wp;
    $share_url = urlencode( home_url( ($wp->request) ? $wp->request : '' ) );
  }

if ( is_singular() ) {
    $share_title = ( $share_title    != '' ) ? esc_attr( $share_title ) : get_the_title();
  } else {
    $share_title = ( $share_title    != '' ) ? esc_attr( $share_title ) : apply_filters( 'the_title', get_page( get_option( 'page_for_posts' ) )->post_title);
  }

$share_source     = urlencode( get_bloginfo( 'name' ) );
  $share_image_info = wp_get_attachment_image_src( get_post_thumbnail_id(), 'full' );
  $share_image      = ( function_exists( 'x_get_featured_image_with_fallback_url' ) ) ? urlencode( x_get_featured_image_with_fallback_url() ) : urlencode( $share_image_info[0] );

if ( $linkedin    == 'true' ) {
    $share_content    = urlencode( cs_get_raw_excerpt() );
  }

$tooltip_attr = cs_generate_data_attributes_extra( 'tooltip', 'hover', 'bottom' );

$id          = ( $id          != ''     ) ? 'id="' . esc_attr( $id ) . '"' : '';
  $class       = ( $class       != ''     ) ? 'x-entry-share ' . esc_attr( $class ) : 'x-entry-share';
  $style       = ( $style       != ''     ) ? 'style="' . $style . '"' : '';
  $title       = ( $title       != ''     ) ? $title : csi18n('shortcodes.share-title');
  $facebook    = ( $facebook    == 'true' ) ? "<a href=\"#share\" {$tooltip_attr} class=\"x-share\" title=\"" . csi18n('shortcodes.share-facebook') . "\" onclick=\"window.open('http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u={$share_url}&amp;t={$share_title}', 'popupFacebook', 'width=650, height=270, resizable=0, toolbar=0, menubar=0, status=0, location=0, scrollbars=0'); return false;\"><i class=\"fab fa-facebook-f\" ></i></a>" : '';
  $twitter     = ( $twitter     == 'true' ) ? "<a href=\"#share\" {$tooltip_attr} class=\"x-share\" title=\"" . csi18n('shortcodes.share-twitter') . "\" onclick=\"window.open('https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?text={$share_title}&amp;url={$share_url}', 'popupTwitter', 'width=500, height=370, resizable=0, toolbar=0, menubar=0, status=0, location=0, scrollbars=0'); return false;\"><i class=\"fab fa-twitter\" ></i></a>" : '';
  $google_plus = ( $google_plus == 'true' ) ? "<a href=\"#share\" {$tooltip_attr} class=\"x-share\" title=\"" . csi18n('shortcodes.share-google-plus') . "\" onclick=\"window.open('https://plus.google.com/share?url={$share_url}', 'popupGooglePlus', 'width=650, height=226, resizable=0, toolbar=0, menubar=0, status=0, location=0, scrollbars=0'); return false;\"><i class=\"x-icon-google-plus-square\" " . fa_data_icon('google-plus-square') . "></i></a>" : '';
  $linkedin    = ( $linkedin    == 'true' ) ? "<a href=\"#share\" {$tooltip_attr} class=\"x-share\" title=\"" . csi18n('shortcodes.share-linkedin') . "\" onclick=\"window.open('http://www.linkedin.com/shareArticle?mini=true&amp;url={$share_url}&amp;title={$share_title}&amp;summary={$share_content}&amp;source={$share_source}', 'popupLinkedIn', 'width=610, height=480, resizable=0, toolbar=0, menubar=0, status=0, location=0, scrollbars=0'); return false;\"><i class=\"fab fa-linkedin-in\" ></i></a>" : '';
  $pinterest   = ( $pinterest   == 'true' ) ? "<a href=\"#share\" {$tooltip_attr} class=\"x-share\" title=\"" . csi18n('shortcodes.share-pinterest') . "\" onclick=\"window.open('http://pinterest.com/pin/create/button/?url={$share_url}&amp;media={$share_image}&amp;description={$share_title}', 'popupPinterest', 'width=750, height=265, resizable=0, toolbar=0, menubar=0, status=0, location=0, scrollbars=0'); return false;\"><i class=\"x-icon-pinterest-square\" " . fa_data_icon('pinterest-square') . "></i></a>" : '';
  $reddit      = ( $reddit      == 'true' ) ? "<a href=\"#share\" {$tooltip_attr} class=\"x-share\" title=\"" . csi18n('shortcodes.share-reddit') . "\" onclick=\"window.open('http://www.reddit.com/submit?url={$share_url}', 'popupReddit', 'width=875, height=450, resizable=0, toolbar=0, menubar=0, status=0, location=0, scrollbars=0'); return false;\"><i class=\"x-icon-reddit-square\" " . fa_data_icon('reddit-square') . "></i></a>" : '';
  $whatsapp    = ( $whatsapp  == 'true' ) ? "<a data-action=\"share/whatsapp/share\" href=\"whatsapp://send?text=". get_the_permalink() ."\" {$tooltip_attr} class=\"x-share\" title=\"" . __( 'Share via Whatsapp', 'cornerstone' ) . "\" ><i class=\"fab fa-whatsapp\" ></i></a>" : '';

if ( $email       == 'true' ) {
    $email_subject = esc_attr( ( $email_subject != '' ) ? cs_decode_shortcode_attribute( $email_subject ) : csi18n('shortcodes.share-email-subject') );
    $mail_to_subject = esc_attr( $share_title );
    $mail_to_url = esc_url( get_permalink() );
    $mail_to = "mailto:?subject=$mail_to_subject&nbsp;&ndash;&nbsp;Hamro Shringar&amp;body=$email_subject $mail_to_url";
    $email = "<a href=\"{$mail_to}\" {$tooltip_attr} class=\"x-share email\" title=\"" . csi18n('shortcodes.share-email') . "\"><span><i class=\"fas fa-envelope\" ></i></span></a>";
  } else {
    $email = '';
  }

$output = "<div {$id} class=\"{$class}\" {$style}>"
            . '<p>' . $title . '</p>'
            . '<div class="x-share-options">'
              . $facebook . $twitter . $google_plus . $linkedin . $pinterest . $reddit . $whatsapp . $email
            . '</div>'
          . '</div>';

return $output;
}

function update_x_share_shortcode() {
  remove_shortcode( 'x_share' );
  add_shortcode( 'x_share', 'custom_shortcode_share' );
  remove_shortcode( 'share' );
  add_shortcode( 'share', 'custom_shortcode_share' );
}
add_action('wp_head', 'update_x_share_shortcode', 999);

We did not wait for your solution as it is live site and have active users.

So hoping for the solution in this matter too.

Hi Bibhash,

Great that you are able to find out the cause of the issue and solve it. You may need to adjust the code and structure based on the current version.

Thanks

Hello,

Thank you for the response. Sure, we will do as per your suggestion.

Hi @bibhashkarn,

In regards to what needs to be changed, I believe it will be fixed if you follow the FAQ items about the cs_get_raw_excerpt function found here: https://theme.co/content/pro4-1-x8-1-cornerstone5-1#faq

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

Sure, this link helped us and on changing it fixed our issue.

Hi Bibhash,

You’re welcome and it’s our pleasure to help you. If you have any other concerns regarding our theme features, feel free to reach us.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.