Unable to add new elements or view outline in cornerstone

This is a unique issue I have never run into before. If I try to create a new page or new portfolio item and edit with Cornerstone I am unable to add new elements or sections because there is no button to add new items. I can’t even view the “Outline” because the button is not present. If I open a page that has already been created I can edit the existing elements, but I still cannot see the Outline or add new elements.

I tried clearing caches, and even tried disabling any plugins that could potentially cause conflicts, but still the problem persists. This puzzles me, as I am using a similar setup to all of my other websites and have never experienced this problem before. I even uninstalled the theme and installed a fresh version of it from your website, yet I still cannot edit my pages.

Any suggestions on how I could fix this?

Hello @ryankerbs,

Thanks for writing in! Please go to Cornerstone > Settings > Permissions > General and make sure that most or all is enabled.

If this does not work, we would love to check your site. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

That did it! I am unsure how it happened, but all of those options had been deselected for each role. Despite each type being turned off for Admin role all of the individual options were turned off.

Hey @ryankerbs,

Withdrawing the post, I believe that the issue was already solved on your end! If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.