Typography issue - menu, footer widgets & breadcrumbs

I have a site that was originally created in X v1 that is now using X v8.3.1.

In the theme options, all fonts are set to Raleway with the font manager on. In the font manager, the fonts are set to Raleway as well. However, no matter if I toggle for the font manager is on or off the menu, the footer widgets, and the breadcrumbs are showing up in a serif font.

The same is true elsewhere on the site.

Any ideas?

Hello @MtnStreamGroup,

Thanks for writing to us.

I checked your given site URL it seems that you have set “ITC Eras W01 Medium” as body font because of that it is not rendering on the breadcrumbs or on the footer. In case if you did not set this font at the moment then it might be an issue of cache or any plugin conflict that is overriding the style.

I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing for Plugin Conflict
  2. CSS/JS Customization
  3. Version Compatibility
  4. Disabling Cache
  5. Child Theme

If it doesn’t work for you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Yes, the site was first set up for ITC Eras, however, the Eras code hasn’t worked for some time. I’m still trying to figure that out.

Combing through the Theme editor I cannot find the original font code that I put in the site following your instructions back when the site was originally built.

UPDATE: I found the code for the ITC Eras font. The company that I got the script front has changed the script along with where it should go.

How is X and Cornerstone handling scripts for custom fonts?

Hello @MtnStreamGroup,

You need to install the custom font then you can use it in the Cornerstone elements. Please have a look at our documentation to learn more about how to install the custom

Hope it helps
Thanks

It doesn’t help. Your instructions require actual font files to upload and install. The ITC Eras font through the service I am using doesn’t actually have files to import. They use an asynchronous script to feed the fonts to the site.

I placed the new script in the child theme function.php file where their instructions tell me to put it. So the question is how do you handle that in the font manager?

Hey @MtnStreamGroup,

I placed the new script in the child theme function.php file where their instructions tell me to put it. So the question is how do you handle that in the font manager?
Go to the Fonts Manager and Add a custom font. Make sure that the font name you enter is the same name that will be loaded by the JS script.

Screen Shot 2021-04-15 at 12.11.32 PM

Screen Shot 2021-04-15 at 12.11.56 PM

If this does not help, provide us access to your site so that we can check your font settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

I’m grateful for your time and assistance.

It appears there is a major issue with the publisher of the font script, and it’s almost impossible to reach the company. I will have to resolve that issue more than likely by purchasing the actual web fonts to upload to the site.

You are most welcome.
If there is anything else we can help you with, please do not hesitate to open another thread.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.