Trying to upgrade from Pro 4.1.5 to Pro 5.1.5 with no joy

Hi there,

I tried to update Pro and got the dreaded wordpress white screen telling me that a critical error had occurred. I removed the new version and restored my backup and set it back to 4.1.5 and all is well. I tried downloading the new version and installing it that way but get the same result. Let me know what I need to do to get this thing updated.

Thanks,

Ken

Hello Ken,

Thanks for writing in! Please make sure that you have updated your WordPress core first and that you have the necessary server settings to run the latest versions before you update the Pro theme. Please check this out first:

You may also go to Tools > Site Health > Info and make sure that there aren’t any issues.

If nothing is working, we would love to check your site settings. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Thanks @ruenel,

I decided to clean up the platform by creating a new, up to date platform and migrating to it. Everything worked fine and the migrated site is good. I tried updating to the new version of pro which worked this time however now, instead of a “white screen”, I can only edit with cornerstone. For some reason I cornerstone appeared and can’t edit with Pro.

Ken

Hey Ken,

This is the naming convention we mentioned a couple months back here and here.

Nothing has changed, we’re simply more accurately describing how things work on a technical level. The Pro menu link in the left dashboard is for managing top level things related to the theme like validation, then the CS logos are for getting you into the builders.

Hope that helps.

Hi @marc_a,

Oh, I got it. I am very sorry for the confusion. I have not looked at the documentation in a while. Thanks very much for your help. All is well.

Ken

Hey Ken,

You’re welcome! If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.