Trouble re-validating license- wrong site shown under themeco account

Hi, I’m facing an issue with re-validating my themeco license. I’ve had a license since 2015 that has been used for this site- doceremedspa.com. I wanted to use some add-ons recently, but they weren’t installing and the support forum said to try re-validating the license. I logged into theme.co site and tried using the purchase code, but i’m getting a message on my site’s dashboard saying that the purchase code is being used for a different site.

The very strange thing is that the theme.co site has a production url listed as- 3af.15f.myftpupload.com. I went to that URL, thinking it would pull up my site (doceremedspa.com), but it’s some random site that I’ve never seen before! How is this possible? It looks like the site (3af.15f.myftpupload.com) showing under my account and purchase code is someone else’s real site. I’m not sure what’s going on.

Thanks

Hi there,

I am not sure why this is happening on your licenses page. I’ve just checked the licenses page and it seems that now you have set the URL correctly.

Now please kindly follow the steps below to validate the theme for your domain:

If you still have problems regarding this, I suggest that you get back to us with the URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the secure note functionality of the topic.

Then we will follow up the case. Thank you.

yes, after posting, I figured out how to update the domain for the license and validate it. It’s working fine now. Not sure why that happened. Maybe you guys reassign the myftpupload URLs. That was my URL at least through 2016, as I recall using it then. Seems that it’s now used for someone else’s site.

Thanks

Hello There,

In the previous years, did you use myftpupload site to create a staging site? It could be that they have recycled staging urls when no longer in used. This could be the reason why it is placed under your license.

Thank you for informing us that the issue has been resolve. If you need anything else we can help you with, don’t hesitate to open another thread.

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.