Translation not working

I have followed this guide, but my translated strings are not showing. I translated strings relating to the “search” popup (enter text and hit enter) and the search results page. At least I hope that’s what I translated.

nb.mo and nb.po are both located in the languages folder of child theme. code appended to functions.php. norwegian selected as site language in WP settings.

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

Since you’re translating it using mo files, then I will have to check it through FTP. Please provide your admin and FTP login credentials in a secure note.

For the meantime, please try copying your translation files under /wp-content/languages/themes/

Examples :

/wp-content/languages/themes/__x__-en_US.mo /wp-content/languages/themes/__x__-en_US.po

Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks! Your fix worked, and from there I found my own errors. I had originally named my translations nb.mo/po - and they needed to be nb_NO.mo/po

Cheers

You’re welcome!
We’re glad we were able to help you out.

I use the Plugin Loco Translate and i try to safe the file at " Authors Location" and it doesn’t work.
After chossing a the new Location “System”/languages/themes/ it works perfectly, thank you!

Hi @Leopart,

Happy to hear that it worked perfectly already.

Feel free to ask us again.

Thanks