Tons of white space under footer

Hello,

I get a ton of white space under my footer. It only appears on mobile view and assume it has something to do with my mobile menu.

Are you able to tell me what I might look for that could cause this? Link in secure note and thank you very much.

Hi @fxground,

Thanks for reaching out.
I have checked and found that one of the Dropdown elements is the reason behind your problem. I would suggest you check and adjust the settings value to get rid of this problem.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Thanks… i just spent the last 63 minutes looking at this code through inspect instead of through cornerstone. I check every element and the height of each one is on auto…

1. How do I know which element e17133-e5-dropdown is as an element i see through cornerstone?

2. Are you able to give me any other clues because the dropdown your pointing too is all “hidden” on mobile. So how is it possible a hidden dropdown can still take up space in this location below the footer when my only dropdown is in the header?

Much appreciated.

Hi @fxground,

It will be very difficult to give you an idea of this. But you can delete the Dropdown elements one by one until the issue is fixed, and the last one you delete is the reason behind your problem. Please make a copy of the Page or header before you do it.

Thanks

More info here… there are 3 “dropdown” elements that are hidden when the page is on a mobile resolution. They are “hidden” by going into cornerstone and under the “Customize” i have set the “Hide during breakpoints”. When i have these set the whitespace is there.

HOWEVER, if I right click on the page and inspect the elements and add in “display: none”; all that whitespace goes away.

Should this not be the case when I have the “Hide during breakpoints” selected? does that mean its a bug?

Hello @fxground,

That should not be the case. Please provide us access to your site so we can inspect the Dropdown and other elements on the page and investigate the issue further. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Thank you, details in secure note…

Hello @fxground,

I cannot find the navigation dropdown element. All I am seeing are mostly buttons.

Thanks.

The one called… “Mobile” https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1pFrBeixL2izvYU7_kN0B0ubsjMnUjh4s

Hello @fxground,

You have added this inline custom CSS:

$el.x-dropdown {
  inset-inline-start: auto !important;
  inset-inline-end: auto !important;
}
$el.x-dropdown {
  height: 80vh;
  overflow-y: scroll;
}

Temporarily remove these codes and test the page again.

Hello, Providing an update: I’ve gone ahead and made that change, cleared the cache + cloudflare cache and noticed the style changes but they had no impact on the white space below the footer as when your scrolling and hit that footer, you can still scroll past it.

Hey @fxground,

This issue comes from the Dropdown element when it exceeds the height of the screen. This looks like a bug. For now, please try inserting the following code in your Globals > CSS.

.x-dropdown {
    display: none;
}
.x-dropdown.x-active {
    display: block;
}

That worked great…any idea what release might contain the fix or what I would see in the changelog to know when to revert these changes when the bug is fixed?

Thanks so much.

Hey @fxground,

Regretfully, we can’t provide an ETA. If this comes out of our changelog, try removing the workaround code.

Thanks.

Thanks, do you know how I would determine if it was? Just not sure what the title might be …something regarding the “dropdown” and height?

Hey @fxground,

It most probably will have a “dropdown” word in the title.

“Dropdowns will use display none instead of an opacity of zero to hide them”, around those lines. This has been in the works for a bit I was just waiting for most of 6.3 to be out before reviewing again. Hopefully this change is out in a week or two.

Thank you both! I wish I was more technical sometimes to make sense out of the titles of the change log but this will do the trick. Will watch out for it :slight_smile: thanks again!

1 Like

Hi @fxground,

You are most welcome.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.