There's an error on the blog page

Hello,

For some reason, only some of my blogs show the text snippet, whereas others don’t show any text snippet at all and the “read more” link is missing. Could you please help me fix this?

Here’s a screenshot of what I mean:

My blog page is: https://crisisequipped.com/blog/

Thank you!

Hello Nadia,

Thanks for writing to us.

Please be advised that the excerpts are generated dynamically from the first 55 words of the post contents. If you use Cornerstone in creating the post contents, all will be discarded and no excerpt will be generated. You will need to insert a manual excerpt for the post items so that there will be an excerpt displayed in the blog index.

I have also noticed that you are using an older version of the theme and Cornerstone plugin. Please make sure your theme and plugins are updated as per our version compatibility page.

If the issue still persists at your end, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Thanks so much for your reply.

I have only used cornerstone on this website (all my blogs use cornerstone) and the short excerpt was always generated, until sometime recently when it started showing some posts with excerpts and others without- that’s what is strange for me? I don’t know why it’s doing that?

I will update the theme & cornerstone plugin soon :slight_smile:

Is there a way to remove the excerpt altogether and just show the blog title and featured image on the main blog page?

Thanks for your help!
-Nadia

Hi Nadia,

This issue was already fixed in Cornerstone 5.1.4. I suggest that you update your X theme and cornerstone plugin to the latest version then it will fix your issue.

You may check the changelog for more information.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.