Theme Update Removed Renew Creative and Can't Get Back

Hi,

We updated both the x-theme and cornerstone on our website yesterday and it seemed to have removed Renew Creative, which we had previously installed. There haven’t been significant website changes other than the font for the text header on the home page, but I can’t figure out how to revert back as when I try to install Renew Creative, I get an error message - “We’re sorry, the demo failed to import.” Thank you so much for your help!!!

Hi David,

Thanks for reaching out!

We’re not seeing an issue why the installed template was removed when you update your X and cornerstone plugin to the latest version. I also tried to install the “Renew Creative” on my development website and I was able to install it without any issue. That being said, would you mind sharing your credentials so that we can check your back-end settings? To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Hey Mark,

Thank you so much for your help! The front page of the website is now just code, is there an issue?

Hi @avidalexander,

It looks like Cornerstone might not be active right now. Try the following:

• Delete the currently installed Cornerstone plugin
  • Update X to 9.0.2
  • Use the “install cornerstone” prompt from X to install Cornerstone at the latest version.

Once both are on the latest version, we can take a closer look at what’s going on with your site. We fixed a few issues in X 9.0.2 and Cornerstone 6.0.2 which was released today and might be the solution you need.

Awesome, I deleted and re-installed cornerstone and am still having the issue. Site looks okay in the builder but is still rendering code live. Thank you so much for your help!

Hi @avidalexander,

I think at this point it’s a caching issue. A previous date/time when Cornerstone wasn’t active has been cached. If you login to the site you see the proper content, but logged out is showing a state cached version. I don’t see any caching plugins installed, so maybe it’s a CloudFlare, a CDN, or some other server layer not allowing the content to update.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.