Theme no longer working after wordpress update

Hi, my site went down after upgrading to Wordpress 6.4. My hosting provider updated PHP memory limits and got it back up at one point, but it seemed like the theme was not active and it was asking for my X purchase code but then could not verify it. The host said that the issue was on the theme side and could not help any further. The site is completely down at the moment with a 503 Service Unavailable error and I am not even sure where to start to get things working again when I can’t log in.

My issue is similar to this thread, but there was no resolution Site went down with update to WordPress 6.4.1, X Theme cannot activate, Need Cornerstone code

Thank you!

Hey @campkels,

Thanks for reaching out!

If your website is currently down, we need to enable the debugger is order for us to check what’s the cause of the issue. You may check this documentation on how you can enable the WP_DEBUG.

Hope that helps.

Thank you for the instructions! I have enabled Wordpress debug mode, but don’t see the public_html/wp-content/debug.log like the instructions said. Is that something that only gets created after a next step?

Ok, good news! I was chatting with my host provider again trying to figure out where my debug log file was, and they were able to downgrade me to wordpress 6.1 so my site is back up and I can log in again! I did lose a sidebar and a page, but I can deal with that later.

I still need help with the wordpress update since something with X or cornerstone is what always causes the 503 error. I might be having similar issues to X theme killed our website with 503 error?

Thank you for the help!

Hello @campkels,

You will need to update the X theme and the Cornerstone plugin first before updating the WordPress core. If this does not work, please provide us access to your site so we can check it. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Amazing, thank you! I will add a secure note with the information - I’ve tried the update so many times since November just to have it go down I’d love guidance on what version and in what order things need to be updated.

Hello @campkels,

Please go to Tools > Site Health > Info > Server. Your PHP version is 7.3 and your PHP memory limit is -1. Please update your PHP to at least 7.4 or 8.0 and then the PHP memory limit to 256MB or 512MB. You can check the rest of the minimum server requirements to run WordPress here:

Once you have set up your server, update the X theme and Cornerstone plugin to version X 10.4.1 and CS 7.4.11 versions. Update the WordPress core last.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

AMAZING! These updates and order worked like a dream, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Hi @campkels,

Glad that we are able to help you.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.