Theme & Cornerstone Update - Header Issue

I’ve created a secure note with website link and login info above. Thank you.

Hello @JK2013,

I tried to access your site but it is asking for the popup login, it seems that you are using a security plugin. I would request you please share the popup login details or disable the security plugin and let us know that we can check it.

Thanks

Hi @JK2013,

I’ve got an issue with your staging area while updating the themes and plugins to the latest version.

In Cornerstone 6+ that file should be located here:

cornerstone/includes/classes/classic/elements/class-shortcode-preserver.php

But in your install it claims to be here:

cornerstone/includes/classes/classic/utility/class-shortcode-preserver.php

I suspect what might have happened is the new files were added, but you still have the old files present in which case it would find both and crash like this.

That being said, I suggest that you share with us the FTP credential in the secure note then I highly advise that you copy again your live website to the staging area because when I tried to compare the staging and live they have different content.

Hope that helps.

Just deleted and recreated the staging environment. Thank you.

Hi @JK2013,

I check the staging area and it is already up but for some reason, they are not identical with the live website. I suggest that you copy your live website to your staging area with the same layout and we will do the update to the latest version. Please also note that the credentials are not working with the newly recreated staging environment.

Thank you.

I fixed it

Hi @JK2013,

Glad that you are able to fix it.

Thanks

You should be able to access the staging site and it’s a clone is what I mean by I fixed it. Thank you for your help.

https://www.staging7.garrettandwalker.com/wp-admin/

Hi @JK2013,

Sorry for the confusion. I have checked your Staging server and it still using the X version 8.3.3 and the Cornerstone version 5.3.3. I would suggest you update the X and the Cornerstone in the Staging server and let us know for further investigation.

Thanks

When I update it I run into the issue with the header. If I update my main website I have to completely uninstall the website, Wordpress, etc, then return it to a backup. So I cloned the working version so that way you could update the staging website and then you can update it to see the change that happens. You’re more than welcome to update cornerstone and the theme for the staging website, I made it just for you guys to check for a fix so I can update my main website. Thanks for your help.

Hi @JK2013,

I went ahead and updated the X and the Cornerstone at your staging server, but was unable to find the issue you described in your first post.

Thanks

Well that’s a head scratcher. After the workday ends I’ll try again on the main website. Did you update cornerstone or the theme first? Not that it would matter, but just out of curiosity. Thank you for your help.

Hi @JK2013,

I followed the exact steps I described earlier. Please follow the same steps while updating your Live Server.

Thanks

I took the steps and ended up with the Header being messed up again on the main website. Please help.

And it’s appearing that way in Safari. On Chrome it appears correctly.

Hi @JK2013,

I have checked the updated Live site into the Safari browser using the Online Browser Testing tool, but didn’t find any issue. I would request you please mention the device, browser name and version, and also the operating system you are using, which helps us to replicate the issue at our end.

Screenshot-707-

Thanks

Safari Version 14.1.2
I’m using an iMac Running Catalina Version 10.15.7

Hello @JK2013,

I am another staff running Safari 15 on MacOS Big Sur. This is what I am seeing:

I noticed that there are 11 plugins that need to be updated. Please make sure that everything is up to date. Outdated WP, theme or plugins can creates issues in your site. After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

And please clear your browser cache too. You may use private browsing mode in testing your site to make sure that you are viewing the latest codes from the updates and not the cached version in your browser.

I also noticed that you are using Siteground. it would really help figure out and understand your issue by checking out this thread as well:

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.