Theme caching problem or

Hello there,

I am not sure if this is the theme or the hosting server.

1. For this site only it seems as if CSS changes to WP Bakery only works if we use its own CSS editor, which is weird. Normally, we use Appearance > Customise for everything.

2. Since yesterday, no CSS changes we are making are appearing. The stylesheet is not updating on the frontend even thought the editor has the saved changes. I checked the file in the inspector and nothing new is available.

Any idea what may be going on? It only began yesterday. Obviously, I have flushed the site and servers caches endlessly…nothing.

This is our dev site: http://odettel13.sg-host.com/

Kind Regards,

Spencer

Hello Spencer,

Thanks for writing to us.

I checked your site it seems that you are using the cache and optimization plugin, I would suggest you please purge all the cache and optimization and you need to clear your browser cache as well. I would also suggest you need must temporarily deactivate the cache and optimization plugin and then check it again.

You must clear the Style cache from the Cornerstone—>Settings–>System—>Clear Style Cache

I went ahead and check your global CSS and Appearance —>Customize —>Additional CSS there is no custom CSS code at the moment. Please make sure you have added the custom CSS code there so that it renders on the frontend.

Thanks

Hi @prakash_s,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I cleared Cornerstone’s system cache but still nothing.

I removed all CSS from Appearance > Editor at the start of the project because WP Bakery was completely ignoring it. Now it seems as if neither CSS customiser is working now.

The class .column-block-overlay-title-2 h2 is definitely updated as shown in the raw file: http://odettel13.sg-host.com/wp-content/uploads/js_composer/custom.css?ver=6.9.0

But is not updating on the output:

font

I have also had out hosting company look at his at their end as I suspected some form of server caching problem - WP Bakery regularly causes caching problems - but they have concluded it is the theme framework.

Is there anything else we can do? The site is only half built so we cannot launch it as it is :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Spencer

Hello Spencer,

I am another staff checking in. This is what I am seeing now:

Can you please check the site in a different browser or using private browsing mode? And maybe you can also send the us the screenshot of the expected display?

Thank you in advance.

Hi @ruenel,

Thanks for getting back.

Sorry, there should be a rule appearing in the frontend inspector: font-size: 25px;

It is visible under the class .column-block-overlay-title-2 h2 in the raw CSS file: http://odettel13.sg-host.com/wp-content/uploads/js_composer/custom.css?ver=6.9.0

I have opened this in InCognito mode in four browsers and used Tor - nothing.

I have set the font size now using the WP Bakery editor, but the CSS file is still not responding. For example, I have the font size set to 18px for small screens, but this does not appear at all.

CSS editor:

Inspector:

Obviously this is a major problem for us so I really hope you can help. Rebuilding the site at this stage is impossible.

Kind Regards,

Spencer

Hi,

I should have also mentioned that clicking the custom.css link reflects the non-updated file, but opening the file in a new tab does show the changes. Weird!

This is the first project we have used WP Bakery on and I think this problem relates to it. WP Bakery was ignoring all CSS added to Appearance > Customize, so I started using the plugin’s own CSS editor which worked fine until later last week. Very odd.

Kind Regards,

Spencer

Hey Spencer,

Firstly, the WordPress Custom CSS or Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS is working. Here’s the proof.

Visual Composer’s CSS is also working.

If your CSS doesn’t work, there might be errors in it. Please scan your CSS for errors and also note that we do not support other forms of adding custom CSS to your site. Please add your CSS in our Code Editors or WordPress CSS.

Lastly, this is not an issue with our theme but has to do with your CSS. This is not a caching issue either, at least not on your staging site. With that said, we cannot investigate your custom CSS further as this is not a theme issue.

Thank you for understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.