Theme Background Color Overriding Page Color

I’m trying to change the background color on a new page, and the color I’m trying to use (black) is showing up just fine in the editor, but the published page continues to show only the Theme Background Color (white):

What am I doing wrong?

Hello @it_lafayettehabitat_org,

Thanks for writing in! Your background color in the Global Settings is white which is why it is overriding some parts of the page in your site. You can go to Cornerstone > Theme Options > Layout and Design and then change the background color to “Black”.

Best Regards.

I don’t want to change the background color globally - I just want to have the background on this one page to be black. Is there an alternative way to accomplish that?

I have investigated your issue and it seems that this CSS text-transform:upper; were added somewhere on the page which has affected the styling and created a conflict with the Section background color. This code must be removed. Please provide us access to the site so we can help you look for this CSS that caused the issue. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Will there be a way to revert that change if it causes other issues?

I have investigated your issue and I fount out that you added the piece of invalid in the Text element in your custom Footer.

If you are trying to make to links to be in upper case, all you need to do is to edit your text content and remove the text-transform: none; in your custom HTML text content:

<p style="line-height: 0px;">Menu</p>
<p><a style="color: white; font-weight: 400; text-transform: none;" href="../about-us">Our Story</a><br /><a style="color: white; font-weight: 400; text-transform: none;" href="../about-us">Join the Team</a><br /><a style="color: white; font-weight: 400; text-transform: none;" href="https://lafayettehabitat.org/donate/">Donate</a><br /><a style="color: white; font-weight: 400; text-transform: none;" href="../volunteer">Volunteer</a><br /><a style="color: white; font-weight: 400; text-transform: none;" href="https://www.google.com/maps/place/Lafayette+Habitat+ReStore/@40.4109409,-86.8383843,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x88131cbdcd9955a9:0x8b2e5da63401fafb!8m2!3d40.4109409!4d-86.8361956" target="_blank" rel="noopener">Visit the ReStore</a><br /><a style="color: white; font-weight: 400; text-transform: none;" href="../restore">Donation Pickup</a><br /><a style="color: white; font-weight: 400; text-transform: none;" href="https://secure.givelively.org/donate/habitat-for-humanity-of-lafayette/fundraisers/new"> Fundraise</a></p>

By the way, you should now have the Black background color applied to the page.

Check your Newsletter page now.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.