"The preview could not load due to the iframe response" error

Hey! I’m getting the “the preview could not load” error when trying to edit a global block. I’ve disabled all plugins and it’s still doing it. Any ideas?

Hi @morrmeroz,

Thanks for reaching out.
There might be some different reasons behind your reason, I would like to suggest troubleshoot the following common issue to help us to recognize the reason.

1.Plugin Conflict
2.Theme Update related issue
3.CSS/JS Customization

If you discover that an issue is coming from a custom code or 3rd party plugin, kindly consult with a developer or contact the plugin author. Please note that we do not provide support for custom codes and 3rd party plugins.
If none of the above helps, please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

It’s not a plugin issue, and I have the latest version of the theme, so I sent you a secured note with the login info for you to check it out. Thanks!

Hi @morrmeroz,

Unfortunately, the given credentials are not working. Can you please check and send it once again.

Thanks

Sorry, I forgot to mention the URL for the staging site. I added it to the secured note.

Hello Caio Velasco,

We have removed your login credentials for your site safety. At this time we kindly ask that you open up your issue in a separate thread along with your login details in a secure note. The longer threads get in the forum, they become more difficult to support as they tend to drift off-topic and they also make it troublesome for users trying to search for solutions. Keeping threads relevant to their original inquiry ensures that we can keep better track of what has been resolved and that users can more effectively find answers to similar issues they might be experiencing.

Thank you.

What about my issue?!

Hi @morrmeroz,

I would suggest you deactivate and delete the Pro and re-install the latest version i.e 4.3.2 by downloading from your Themeco account and check if that resolves your issue.

Thanks

That didn’t work. Did you manage to log in to the staging to check it out?

Hi @morrmeroz,

No errors are logged in your staging server. You may need to add the debug setup in the wp-config.php file to log the errors into the file name debug.log inside the wp-content folder.

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

// Disable display of errors and warnings 
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
//SET PHP INI DISPLAY ERROR FALSE
@ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

Please find the video that will help you to edit wp-config.php and add the above code : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SDPTafEM8o
Please let us know the errors logged into it for further investigation.

Thanks

Why can’t you do it if you have admin access to the staging area?

And is it possible not to wait a whole 24 hours between replies? I need this fixed and this is taking days of conversations.

Hi @morrmeroz,

To avoid the critical issues we don’t update the files using the wp-admin rather we request to add this through the FTP/CPanel. If that is not possible for you, please share the FTP/CPanel details so we can add and check.
Please remember that a self reply will push the thread to the bottom of the forum, and that is why you are getting a delayed reply.

Thanks

This is just the staging site, you can mess it up it won’t matter. Can you just update it through wp-admin?

Hi mate, heads up, we’re a company with years of experience with pro but we’re not support.

The issues about the iframe usually happen because there’s an element or code that is not working correctly or interferes with the editro so here’s what I suggest:

• Clone the global block (as a backup)
  • now, remove the custom code you have (CSS and js)
  • if you have custom snippets in the site’s functions.php file, Comment them out.
  • keep all the plugin’s disabled
  • disable all the caches of your site (even your server’s)

Now start removing rows or columns in the global block. Save them page everytime and wait a few secs for the editor to reload, and see if the i frame issue is still there.

You’ll see That by doing this, you’ll have the problem sorted ;).

Hey Frantic Ape,

Thanks for chiming in! We really appreciate it!

Cheers.

That’s what the tech support at Kinsta said:

Hi @morrmeroz,

I have investigated this issue within the limit of the admin dashboard unfortunately I was not able to figure out the cause, with that said, It seems the issue is more likely related to how the staging-server is configured. Is there any way we can check the .htaccess file and set it back to its default if it is modified?

Is this issue happening to your live site as well?

Thanks,

Hey! So I’ve been asked by kinsta to ask you guys if they need any server-side rules (Nginx) for the pagebuilder to work?

Hi @morrmeroz,

Can you please ask your Hosting Service provider to add the WP DEBUG ( Not WP_DEBUG ) set up in the wp-config.php given in the following reply?

And give us the FTP/CPanel access to check the debug.log inside the wp-content folder for error logging. Also, we need to check the .htaccess file and check what rewrite rules are written after updating the permalink setting.

Thanks