The Grid - Instagram Hashtag Feed Not working

Hi,
I use ‘The Grid’ to stream a Hashtag feed from my IG account, to my wp homepage.

It’s recently stopped working having been perfectly fine for ages.
I’ve updated to the latest version (Version 2.7.8) which directed me to create an Access token etc, which I did.
I’ve added the token to the grid settings, and it now shows images from my IG Account again, but there is no option now to input hashtags anywhere in the source settings, where it used to be set.
It’s just not there anymore, so it seems the only option available is to show all images from my main account feed and not images from the required hashtags.
Also, the like and comment counts all say 0 (zero) now

Am I doing something wrong, or are IG Hashtags no longer possible/allowed via ‘The Grid’?
This is my only purpose for using the Grid.

Thanks for your help

Hello @Knitwitz,

Thanks for writing to us.

There might be a few different reasons for this issue, I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing for Plugin Conflict
  2. CSS/JS Customization
  3. Version Compatibility
  4. Disabling Cache

If none of those work, please send your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

OK, thanks, i’ve added a secure note to original post above, if you can have a look into it for me, i’d appreciate that.
The Hashtag i want to stream is #LoveKnitwitz
Thanks

Hello @Knitwitz,

I tried to access your site dashboard but unfortunately, your given credentials are not working please recheck and send us again.

Thanks

OK,New details in secure note above ^
Thanks

Hi @Knitwitz,

I don’t see an Instagram feed on your homepage but I check that the Grid is showing your Instagram images when I tried to display it as a test. The hashtag is still available maybe it has something on how you configure your settings.

Can you check their official documentation if it helps you on how to set up properly your Instagram feed.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Hi, The hashtag settings are simply not there anymore. There is no where to imput the hashtags, as there was in the last version. I haven’t changed any settings.
As you can see from the attachment, it say “You can set any combination of username and hashtag” but the input boxes to do so, are not there :frowning: The only input box is the Acces Token field. This is only happening since the latest update

It’s very frustrating that it has disappeared.

Hi @Knitwitz,

I just check the changelog and I don’t see that they remove the hashtag maybe they change how it should work, have you ever tried to read the articles that I gave to you? If not, please follow the new steps.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Yes, i read the documentation. It only goes thru the process of setting up the access token, it does not mention hashtags at all. I followed all those steps originally when setting up my own access token.

Hashtag input boxes are simply not in the admin area of the plugin anymore.

Hello @Knitwitz,

If you are using The Grid version 2.7.8, you will have this:

The username and hashtag field were removed in this version. If you checked their changelog, it is only up to 2.7.7 dated August 23, 2020. This could be a bug or an issue in the latest release of the plugin. We have reported this to the creators of the plugin already so that they will be made aware of this issue.

Please bear with us.

Great, Thank you. Thought i was going mad.
Look forward to any potential fix.

Many Thanks

You’re welcome, @Knitwitz.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.