The grid fails to save new skin

Hello.
Unable to save or duplicate new skin for The grid. I hack the duplicate issue using export/import skin but I can’t save the new skin imported.

Hi @jm69007,

Thanks for reaching out.

There could be a plugin or custom code that affects your The Grid Plugin.

I recommend the following troubleshooting procedures before we investigate the settings.

1. TESTING FOR THEME RELATED ISSUE
  2. TESTING FOR PLUGIN CONFLICT
  3. THEME UPDATE
  4. CHILD THEME
  5. CSS/JS CUSTOMIZATION
  6. VERSION COMPATIBILITY

In your summary data, The Grid plugin version you put is 2.7.2 then the latest the grid plugin we have is 2.7.7, please update your The Grid plugin to the latest version. Youcan check it here https://theme.co/docs/version-compatibility

Only if none of that help, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Ok. Thank you @cramaton.
I performed all the test. The issue is still here.
Here above secure information

Hello @jm69007

Please let us know which skin you trying to use where you are facing the issue since I checked your website Dashboard it seems that is working fine. I have created a “Test” page at your website and create a cone of Grid called “[the_grid name="AUDIO-R 302]”. I have set different skin(3D cover 3) in this Grid. Please have a look at the Test page It is in draft mode

Thanks

Ok.
In the “ [the_grid name="AUDIO-R 302] ”, please select the skin named “My Skin2” et try to modify it (sup the “link” button). After that you can’t save the skin.

Hello @jm69007,

Yes, skin modification is not saving at the moment. It could be an internal server error.
Please add the below-given code into your wp-config.php for debug setup, and the error logged into the file name debug.log inside the wp-content folder.

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

// Disable display of errors and warnings 
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
//SET PHP INI DISPLAY ERROR FALSE
@ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

Please find the video will help you to edit wp-config.php and add the above code: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SDPTafEM8o

Please let us know if you find any error that is related to our plugins. We can do further investigation based on that. You can also check this article to learn more how to debug.

Please give us FTP Access information in a Secure Note so we could take a closer look at your site.

Thanks

Ok thank you.
I have add code in wp-config.
Please find others infos in the secure note.

Hello @jm69007

I checked your website files through FTP there is no error in code It means that your skin is corrupted. Please create another skin and check it again. If the issue still persists please let us know.

Thanks

Hello. I’ve tried to create another skin by duplicate an other skin (caracas (custom) 2) and the issue persists, I can’t save it.

And then I create a new skin, I have no elements available.

Hey @jm69007,

I checked your setup and I see you’ve the old version of The Grid extension installed. a recent update we released few days ago of the extension fixed various issues, please update The Grid extension to the latest version and see if this resolves the issue. You can find the latest version numbers here: (https://theme.co/docs/version-compatibility) then you can compare them to what’s installed on your site.

If you find anything to be out of date, you can review our update guide. To update an extension, you can follow 'X' Theme will not save any updates

Let us know how this goes!

Yeah! I updated The grid and it resolve issues!
Thanks a lot!

You’re welcome. Glad we’re able to help.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.