The Grid - excerpt sometimes not showing

Hey there,
i am using the Grid on different sites. After update X Theme the excerpts are not showing sometimes.
Also the delayes loading is not working anymore.

Maybe you still have a solution.

Thanks for your help!

Cheers
Alex

Hello Alex,

Thanks for writing in! Please make sure that the excerpts were dynamically generated by WordPress. You might have inserted an empty manual excerpt to those post items that do not display the excerpts. Meanwhile, it could also be caused by a plugin conflict, amongst other things. Please check out this troubleshooting article here and follow the instructions for the following sections (where appropriate):

• Testing for Plugin Conflict
  • Theme Update
  • Child Theme
  • CSS/JS Customization
  • Disabling Cache
  • Disabling CDN

To better assist you with your issue, kindly provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hey Ruenel,

thanks for your reply. I have updated the secure note.

Looking foreward to your reply.

Cheers
Alex

Hey Alex,

Thank you for providing the credentials. I went ahead and checked your setup. It seems that you have added your post content with Cornerstone page builder but you have not inserted the post excerpt to each post and The Grid display the excerpt from the “Manual Excerpt” box because of that your post grid doesn’t display excerpt to all posts.

I’ve added Manual Excerpt to one of your post and it’s working fine now (see screenshot)

Hope this helps!

Hey Nabeel,

thanks for your reply.
I have added the excerpt manually in cornerstone at this Post: “FINRIC Tropical Coffee”
But it is still not showing.
I have cleared all caches but it doesnt`t help.

Cheers
Alex

Hi Alex,

We didn’t found the excerpt in all that cases where the excerpt is not showing in the referred URL. I would suggest adding the manual excerpt to get it on the list. Please find the screenshot describing the settings.

Hope that helps.
Thanks

Hello,

i have added the excerpt manually where it was missing in The Grid.
But it is still not visible.

Looking foreward to your reply.

Cheers
Alex

Hello Alex,

Please edit the respective post and make sure that you change the Post Format to “Image”.

And please do not forget to clear your plugin caches before testing the site again.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Hello,

very strange. I have changed it to “image” post format and then back to “standard”. Seems to work…
What I don´t understand: 9 of 10 posts have “Standard” as post format and it works. the other one is set to “standard” and it doesn´t work.
Very strange but your trick helped :wink:

Thank you and have a good time!

Cheers
Alex

Hi Alex,

We’re glad that it is now working on your end. If you have any other concerns regarding our theme features, feel free to reach us.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.