The Grid compatibility and rss issues

Hi there,

right now there seems to be a compatibility issue with The Grid. Can’t add new Grids or use the Skin Builder (to edit a Masonry Skin).
It can only be done while switching to jQuery-Version Legacy 1.12.4-wp.

Second thing:
I’m using The Grid to display a RSS feed from another WordPress site created with PRO theme. Featured images, published date and post titles are showing up but not the posts terms (categories).

Hi @ArtOfSpring,

Thanks for reaching out!

Please make sure that you have the latest “The Gird plugin” listed here and also latest version of the theme. If the issue still persists, would you mind sharing your admin credential so that we can check it? To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Hi there, everything has the latest version. I already shared my admin credentials in a secure note

Hello @ArtOfSpring,

It might be the issue of upload_max_filesize and post_max_size. I would suggest you increase it as recommended by the "The Grid " plugin.

I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

If it doesn’t work, it would be best if you could copying your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP Details

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hi there, I’ll try to increase max. upload an post size but that won’t change anything.
Same thing happened here:

You can make edits on the live site

Hi @ArtOfSpring,

I have investigated the settings of your The Grid plugin and found that the Upload Max. Filesize and Max. Post Size still behind the recommended one. I would suggest you to follow the suggestions given by my colleague and increase it to the recommended value and recheck once again if that resolve your issue.
Please remember that we prefer to troubleshoot in the staging server, I would suggest you to please copy your live site to a staging server so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site.
And give us access in the secure note including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Hi there, I’ll increase Upload Max. Filesize and Max. Post Size and let you know when it’s done.
But again, that’s not the issue. I experience the exact same behaviour on other WordPress website with Pro and The Grid where all system requirements are met.

Hey @ArtOfSpring,

The Grid in both of your sites is outdated. The latest version is 2.7.9.1.

Even without enabling the jQuery version from the 3rd party plugin, you can edit the AWO skin in the Skin tab.

My colleague previously said to update The Grid. You might need to deactivate it for the update notification to show up.

Regarding the RSS, the terms could not be taken from the RSS because they’re wrapped in CDATA like the following screenshot. That is regardless of the theme so you really can’t get the terms from RSS. This is neither an issue with the Grid or the theme.

Hope that helps.

Thanks a lot, I wasn’t aware I need to deactivate the plugin to get the update notification

You’re welcome, @ArtOfSpring

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.