Template not importing

Hi,

A template I created in one of my sites is not importing into another that I am working on. After hitting import, there is no error message or indication that the template has loaded - the import panel just remains showing 0 templates imported.

Both sites are using the latest version of Wordpress and Pro.

Template file to follow…

Regards,
Darren.

Hi Darren,

Thanks for reaching out.
I have tried exporting the template a few available in first site and uploaded the .tco file as a template into the second site and it works perfectly. But there are a few templates which are shown the Formatting issues while trying to import in your second site, this issue has been found in my local environment too. This might be due to the broken HTML which is been added within the content. I would suggest you check by deleting the section one by one till the issue is fixed, and the last one you have deleted before the fix is the actual issue.

Thanks

I am also having issues importing templates. I have tried several that I was able to import before the latest upgrade and now nothing. No error messages as above just nothing is showing.

Hi Tristup,

Nothing imports from the first site into the second. Any template I created in the first site does not import into the second. I’ve tried creating templates for single sections only - nothing imports.

The import function at the second site doesn’t show any error or even indicate that an import was attempted - it simply remains blank - it seems another User has had the same issues (post above).

Darren.

Hello There,

i am facing the same issue. I tried to import just a random blank section with nothing in it so i don’t have broken html, and yet, it just does not import it.
Is there any way to manually import those?

thank you

EDIT : I FOUND A WAY ! It seems that on mac (not tried on windows), when you upload the file the common way it doesnt work. Though, the drag and drop from one window to the builder of the site works !

1 Like

I can confirm that I still have a problem with the file I shared earlier.

I’ll log a new call with my login details

Hi Scot,

We will check your new thread and reply to it.

Thanks

I’m having the same issue here. Two sites both using same versions of everything. I exported a template from one, but when I try to import it to the other, nothing happens. No error messages or other indication.

Hi Tristup,

I have just noticed a VERY big problem with this chat thread:

User: jquinn33 sent you a Secure Note with login details on this chat thread AND I CAN VIEW IT!

Please confirm that no one else can see my Secure Notes???

Regards,
Darren.

Hello Darren,

Only you and our staff can see the secure note. @jquinn33 cannot see the secure note that you have added. You can see the secure note that he just sent because you are the owner of the thread. We have removed his secure note already.

By the way, Pro 4.3.2 is now available in automatic updates! This release contains fixes for several issues like you have mentioned above, so be sure to check out the changelog (https://theme.co/docs/changelog/pro-4). Please do update to the latest version. After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

I am experiencing the same thing here. I am on multi-site wordpress. I have exported a template from one site and am trying to import it on one of my others. It exports fine, but when I try to import it, it gives me the upload browse box, I select, say import and nothing happens at all (no message, etc.). I have tried to add the memory php commands above. I have updated to the latest X theme (8.3.2) and cornerstone (5.3.2). Any other thoughts?

Same problem here, no error message at all, nothing in the console, just not uploading the template.

My site, php (7.4) and theme updated and no cache plugin at all.

Edit: To solve in the mainwhile, use the drag and drop, not to open the file. Drag and drop is working (I’m on a MAC)

Hello Guys,

At this time we kindly ask that you open up your issues in a separate thread. The longer threads get in the forum, they become more difficult to support as they tend to drift off-topic and they also make it troublesome for users trying to search for solutions. Keeping threads relevant to their original inquiry ensures that we can keep better track of what has been resolved and that users can more effectively find answers to similar issues they might be experiencing.

Thank you for your understanding.

I have created a brand new site and am facing exactly the same problems. Logins to both sites have been updated in the Secure Note area.

I have been able to over come the issue of showing whether a template has completed the import process by dragging & dropping the file (though the import button still doesn’t work).

BUT I can not import ANY page, section, header or footer - EVERYTHING comes back with a formatting error.

This issue is critical for me now, as I’ve got clients waiting on starting new builds using the Creative Website as the Template for their websites.

It’s been almost a week now - I need this sorted ASAP please.

Darren.

Hello Darren,

The username or password of the Importing Site does not work for us. Please double-check it. By the way, I have downloaded your template and I was able to import it on our testing server.

By the way, please install the WP-Optimize plugin. Run the plugin and then you do the template import in your staging site.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Hi Ruenel,

I have updated the Exporting & Importing login credentials.

Can you check again for me please?

Thanks,
Darren.

Hey Darren,

Are you using the Import button? I tested the button in my test sites and it doesn’t seem to work too.

Can you try the Drag and Drop import (see the video in the secure note)? If it works, please import the templates 1 by 1 because if there’s a template with broken HTML, the import will fail.

Thanks.

Hi Christian, as I explained yesterday, I can not import ANY page, section, header or footer - EVERYTHING comes back with a formatting error. - even every section I tried saving as a template.

Darren.

Hi Christian,

I just noticed there was an update to Pro 4.3.3. I updated both sites, exported the homepage and am still getting formatting errors.

I really need this issue fixed.

Darren.

Just to note, the latest update to cornerstone (5.3.3) fixed my issue with the import.