Template Blocks Disappeared and Replaced with Numerous Empty Ones

I had saved a bunch of sections as template blocks and used them a few weeks ago. Now I went to use one and there’s about 100 empty blocks saved and the original ones disappeared. When I try to delete one of these empty blocks, I get an error “Uh oh! Unable to delete stored template.”

Hi there,

That is a strange case. I searched our previous answers and found out this topic regarding the case:

Kindly first backup of your website before doing anything, then follow the instructions mentioned in the thread.

Kindly get back to us with the result and URL?User/Pass of your website using the Secure Note functionality of the post.

Thank you.

Hi Christopher,

I created a fresh staging site and tried the transient cleaner and it didn’t work, unfortunately.

See the site URL and login info in secure note.

Try editing a page in Cornerstone, click on templates, and you’ll see many empty blocks saved that can neither be inserted or deleted. I used to have 15-20 blocks saved with titles.

Thanks!
Cecile

Please try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If that doesn’t help, the only way to solve this would be to restore from a previous stable version of your site.

Thanks.

So I disabled all the plugins except Cornerstone and the problem is still there. I tried using the previous stable version of the X-theme and the problem is still there.

I don’t have a previous stable version of the site to use. I need to fix this one. I can re-create the saved blocks, but how can I delete all these empty ones? Can I delete them from the database somehow? Can you tell me where to find them and maybe a SQL Query I could use?

Thanks!

I figured it out! …mostly.

I found the template blocks in the database in the posts table with post type = cs_user_templates. There were 231 with empty content but urls that looked like blog posts. I deleted them all and everything seems to work fine.

I had used an import plugin to add these 232 posts and something must have gone wrong and they got saved as cornerstone templates and overwrote mine. Why, I don’t know, but it’s fixed now.

Thanks for the support! Case closed.

Glad to hear it’s sorted.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.