Tags archive page: filter posts by tag

Hey,
im currently trying to build an archive layout for all tags. I have a looper provider running, that provides posts. However i couldn’t figure out how to filter the shown posts by tag.

For example:
there’s a tag named Trees
the url is “website_url/tag/trees”
when i open that specific site, i just want to show posts with that tag.

I was not able to achieve this. Am i missing anything?

Hello @sparko,

Thanks for writing to us.

In case if you to show post-filter by Tag(Taxonomy ) you need to your post element —> Click on the Customize —>Go to Looper Provider —.Select Type as “Query Builder” —>Select the tag from the Taxonomy select box. It would show only those post that is associated with that post.

Please have a look at the given screenshot below.

Please sure you have assigned the layout form the setting. You may check the video tutorial to learn more about loopers so that you can achieve the layout. https://theme.co/content/loopers

Hope it helps
Thanks

thank you,
i got this far but i don’t want the taxonomies to be set in a static way, if that makes sense? It should work for all of them dynamically. But inside of the query builder, there’s no such option like “currently selected taxonomy” or something like that.

Hello @sparko,

Any archive page already runs a WordPress loop. In your custom layout, you may no longer need to use a looper provider. Deactivate your Looper Provider and leave the Looper Consumer. The layout should display the post items that belong to the current tag. For example, if you are viewing the Tree tag archive page, https://example.com/tag/tree/, all the items displaying on this page should be related to the Tree tag and no post items that do not belong to this tag will display.

If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

1 Like

Thanks for making that clear for me!
I changed the looper type to consumer and now its working as it should.

Maybe it would be useful to add a section on how to build a taxonomy based archive page to the documentation?

Hello @Sparko,

A single archive layout can be used for your blog index, category, and taxonomy archive as well. If you want something different for the category or taxonomy then you can also create another layout.

You can check out this video tutorial here:

Regards.

Oh okay, I’ve watched those before, but I didn’t know it would work this way in this case.

It’s the first time I’m using the looper feature for a client :smile:

Hey @sparko,

Provide us access to your site so that we can check your layout and looper settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Thank you but changing it to looper consumer made it work already as I wrote above :slight_smile:

Hello @sparko,

Glad that we were able to help. Please feel free to reach us if you have any query regarding our theme and theme settings.

Thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.