Switching to Pro theme from X theme Critical Error

We had X theme activated and it was working fine. Then I uploaded the new Pro theme and activated it. We then got a critical error. Tech tried to activate our previous X theme, but that also now gives a critical error. Currently, our hosting tech support applied a generic theme to make the site live, but it does not show everything and images are low resolution. How do we get back to our X theme or get the site to work with the Pro theme? Host is BlueHost.com. Our url is stevedusek.com.

Hello @stevedusek,

Thanks for writing to us.

Please note that if you have X theme and Cornerstone installed then you install the Pro theme it will give an error since the Cornerstone page builder plugin is inbuilt with the Pro theme so you need to deactivate or delete the Cornerstone plugin and then reinstall the Pro theme and recheck it.

If it doesn’t work for you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password
  • FTP login

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Thanks! I was able to at least install Pro Theme after deleting the old Cornerstone, but only the blog converted over, and not perfectly. Missing other info pages. Looks like the missing pages are in a block editor. How do we get those over to cornerstone? I tried the “edit with Cornerstone” option, but it does not find the content. I will also send you a secure note with login to the Wordpress site per your request so you can take a look.

Hi @stevedusek,

I have checked the pages of your website and found that they are not created through the Cornerstone and that is why the pages show blank in the Page Builder.
I have created a test page and it shows the content correctly.

Thanks

Thanks! I could not even see the content. How did you access the content on the pages?

Hi @stevedusek,

I used the default editor by clicking the Edit option in the Page lists.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.