Switched from X to Pro Unlimited and think I realize I didn't need Pro

I bought Pro Unlimited thinking some how it simplified the interface and usability in comparison to X.

After installing and activated it this morning, I’m realizing this was in fact an incorrect assumption.
Seeing as how it’s practically (and visibly) the same at least for my needs, I’d like to refund/return Pro Unlimited and just stick with my Theme X licenses.

Where do I start that process?

Thank you,

John

Hey John,

Thanks for reaching out!

Please raise your concern using our contact form here: https://theme.co/contact

Well, I guess I have a question.

I partially bought Pro because of a screenshot in the forums I saw. It appeared simpler in Pro (based on someone’s screenshot), to add custom social icons.

I’m always caught between wanting the simplicity of something like Squarespace versus using a theme or template that is a one time purchase, whereas I dislike the idea of Squarespace due to it’s monthly subscription/yearly subscription model.

I need to take another look at Theme Pro and see what the differences are before I am certain.

On my current X theme, I just figured out the process of using a different social media, IMDB, link (in this case I’m using the Xing social link) and in my Customize > Additional CSS, I’m replacing the icon with my custom icon.

That wasn’t all that bad of a process, I just had to slow down mentally to accept the leg work of it… and I’m attempting to get the Hover feature to work but it’s not quite right.

Does Pro simplify this process? I thought I saw someone’s screenshot where all you have to do is add your icon to a “Graphic” category… But I don’t know where to find that screen/menu.

It was a screenshot with an arrow pointing to a tab/category called “Graphics”… and it sounded like all a user has to do is add their graphic and Pro handles the rest?

I’m intending to use the Photography Ethos template (using either X or Pro).

Thank you,
John

Hey @GTJohn,

To simply understand the difference between X and Pro, you can check it here: https://theme.co/docs/the-difference-between-x-pro

You can also watch our tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/@yourthemeco

Hope that helps.

Hey Marc,

Yes I’ve already consulted the docs and the youtube channel and am not seeing the specific “Graphic” menu seen in this reply from a staff member to someone else about adding custom social media icons:

I’m merely trying to locate this “Graphic” menue and I’m having difficulty locating this area in what I assume is somewhere inside Conerstone (The Pro, built in Cornestone). Is that located in Cornerstone?

I’m not seeing how to navigate to the “Graphic” location of Pro in the docs or youtube channel.

Unless… maybe I’ve got something wrong. If using a Template like Ethos Photography… is the header builder not something that exists? Is the header builder/Graphic menu only applicable to pages created from scratch?

Is it that if a user wants to use a template as a starting base and they need to change the social icons, they need to do so through CSS? Which I’ve done and works… I just thought there would have been a simpler way of doing it using the template within Pro.

Hello @GTJohn,

The screenshot is a Button element option where you can insert a graphic icon on a Button element. This only appears when you insert a Button element into a page.

If you use the X theme, you will have to change these social icons in the Theme Options. Using custom coding is possible especially if you want to use an image icon that is not in the Font Awesome selector. The simpler way of customizing the header or footer is to use the Header and Footer Layout Builder when using the Pro theme.

Best Regards.