"Style" or "Class" field for Classic Text not working anymore

Hi there

Coming back to my issue from Dec '20 I have checked all updates and software to the latest versions and i still have the following problem with text style field:

I have inserted in my website a “Classic Text” element for using as a customized subtitle. In the field “Style” in the lefthand text-toolbar in Pro I have inserted the following code:
font-size: 30px; line-height: 1.3em; margin-top: 20px;

This worked well until I did the Wordpress and Pro-Theme Update in December.

With the updated Theme, the style effects are still displayed in Pro WYSIWYG-Builder (see screenshot 1) but are not shown on the frontend (see screenshot 2).

I have deleted all custom CSS (see screenshot 3).

I have also tryed to give a class to the text element which is displayed correct in the Builder (see screenshot 4). But also this is not showing on the frontend.

I even deactivated all plugins from my installation, no luck either! The style never appears on the frontend.

If I insert the style in the HTML like this, it works also on the frontend (see screenshot 5 and 6):
im BlueWhite Business Center an der Hagenholzstrasse 81/81A in Zürich-Oerlikon.

Any idea, what could be the problem? Because even if I have managed to fix the style in HTML, I don’t know why “Style” and “Class” field in Classic-Text Element has no effect on the frontend. There could be also the same problem of others of my websites, which I didn’t have detected yet.

Thank you very much for your help!

Hello @fbrugger,

Thanks for writing to us.

In order to help you with your concern, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • Exact page URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hi Prakash

Thank you very much for your support! Here are the login details:

Hi @fbrugger,

It mostly happens due to the broken HTML, and I found the blank Classic Text element just above that specific section, which is the reason behind your issue. I would request you removed that, to get rid of the issue.

Thanks

Hi Tristup

Thank you very much for your great help! You are right, this issue coms from the blank Classic Text element, which I use for the top of page anchor. I did give the ID “top-of-page” to this element on each page.

But why ist there broken HTML? The text is completely empty and the ID for this element is “top-of-page”, which is working.

Is there ans other way to place a top-of-page anchor ID at this position?

Hello Felix,

The empty element created a conflict which should not be the case. We will look more into this issue. Anyway, you are using the scroll to the anchor ID incorrectly. The proper way of doing it is to place the ID top-of-page in the section instead.

Hope this helps.

Hi Ruenel

Thank you very much for your reply and for looking into this issue. I have now placed the ID in the section, as you told me. This works perfect!

But I also could place the ID in a element - is that correct? Because I think, this is what I did with some other Pro-websites…

Hello Felix,

Glad that we were able to help you. You don’t need to add an extra ID to any element. Please feel free to reach us if you have any concern regarding our theme and theme settings.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.