Strange gaps showing up when background image is turned on

Hi the problem I’m having is with the following page:

http://www.dev.allphaseslandscaping.net/patios-outdoor-living/

When I turn on a background image in my shade structure content it makes these strange gaps at the top and bottom of the section (both padding and margin are turned off) when I set the background to a color the gaps go away. I’ve attached screen caps showing this.

I’m trying to make the gaps go away when while there is a background image in that section, thanks for the help.

All my best,

John

Hi John,

Thanks for reaching out.
It seems that there is the Gap element with padding of 2em at the top which is the reason behind your issue. I would suggest you reduce the Gap or remove the Gap to get rid of this problem.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Sorry I didn’t follow up, The reason was that gap just stopped showing up (like really out of the blue it was fixed all of a sudden, not sure why) and so I thought it was all good now it’s happening on a different page build of the same template:

http://www.dev.allphaseslandscaping.net/walls-walkways/

And it’s in the exact same spot.

So are right there is a gap there that was set to 2em, The reason I’m putting it there is to hold space in the empty col. and give me the split screen picture / text style that I was going for. While I’m asking questions is the best way to do that?

I’ve brought down the gap size to 0em (does this even render on the front end?) and I’m still getting the spaces. I would like to just re-point out that the gaps go away when there is a solid background color, and they show up when there is an IMG in the background, so please be advised of that.

Pic of the gaps being put at 0em, problem is still happening thought:

Thx for the help!

John

Hello John,

The gap is coming from the Line elements you added above and below the text contents. I understand that you wanted some space but adding the Line element is not the correct way. You should be adding a Top and Bottom padding in your Column element instead to prevent any further conflict and issues.

If you can provide us access to the site, we may be able to create a demonstration of doing this layout the right way. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

hello John,

Please see the link in the secure note below.

Thanks.

Ok I get that it’s fixed but what am I supported to be looking at, I need to know what you did.

I saw that you deleted the gap and that you set u ap a vh of 70, I tried doing that on my pages but the gap is still there.

Yeah, I’m totally stumped I need you to step by step walk me through what you did to fix this.

Thanks

OK I got it I understand that YOU can fix it. Now you need to land the plane.

1 of 2 things need to happen Either:
A) you hop on to the page and fix this for me or
B) Or preferably you tell me what you did (in detail), so that was I can fix it myself.

I shouldn’t even have to write this follow-up request. Firing me a link, failing to explain what’s going on here and how to fix it, and then going dark is really unprofessional.

in a effort to save time you didn’t thoroughly address my original questions, and now we are wasting EVEN MORE TIME screwing around with a simple fix.

So on this next reply l would really appreciate a step by step walk through of what you’re doing to fix this, so it’s not a problem for me anymore.

Hi John,

I went ahead and removed the Gaps from the said page and now the gaps are not shown in the frontend. The content with the Gap is saved as a Template, so you can restore the older one if required.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.