SSL certificate - How to Enable?

I see this info for turning on my SSL certificate. But I don’t understand where I should do this. Could someone please let me know exactly where I should be going to turn it on and how. Thanks!

Enabling SSL
We’ve automated the SSL activation so the only thing you need to do is log into your hosting dashboard and click on the “Choose URL” next to your site and choose one of the urls containing “https:” which will result into our system issuing a SSL certificate. Please note that this process can take up to 5 minutes after you’ve switched the url to “https:”.

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! Who is your hosting provider ? You can enable SSL and follow this guide.

http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-add-ssl-and-https-in-wordpress/

Hope that helps.

Hi. I know how to do it by purchasing an SSL certificate from my host, which is InMotion Hosting. But how do I do it so that Theme Co issues the free SSL certificate mentioned above? Or do you mean that I should change the URL in my CPanel to https: and then in my Wordpress dashboard, and Theme Co will automatically issue the SSL certificate?

Thanks in advance.

@pearlmultimedia I use Really Simple SSL Plugin for that. It makes all changes. But if you have embed Content or Iframes from not SSL Sites. Will this not to see…

1 Like

Did you need to give it some SSL certificate code, or did X just jump in automatically?

X Jumps in automatic :wink:

@The-E-Blog

Thanks for helping. Have a nice day! :slight_smile:

But how do I do this if I don’t want to use a plugin?

Actually I’m going to try that plugin. Host just explained it a bit more. I don’t know how to delete this comment. Sorry.

Hi there,

To give more information, the free SSL setup that you have mentioned on your first post is only available for the sites that are hosting under ThemeCo as we provide a managed hosting as well.

We’re glad to hear that you’re able to get SSL running on your site.