Some blog posts not displaying excerpts

Hey guys. I’m having a couple of formatting issues with Integrity. Not all of my blog posts are displaying the excerpt and I can’t figure out why. They’ve all been built in the standard WP editor rather than Cornerstone.

Additionally, my widgets are displaying in different fonts and sizes.

Any advice?

Cheers,
Matt

Hi @fuzzypixels,

Thanks for reaching out.

To better help you with your concern, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Done! :slight_smile:

Hi @fuzzypixels,

In WordPress posts, excerpts will come from excerpt options available in Post Settings.
If the excerpt box is empty, then only it comes from the content with a specified length of characters.
If you blog sites, I have examined a post where the excerpt is not coming and found that the excerpt box is filled with spaces.
And that is the reason why the excerpt is not taken from the content and also shows the blank in post settings.

Edit-Post-‹-Matt-Gardner-Writer-Narrator-—-WordPress

Please remove those spaces, it will solve your issue.

Thanks.

1 Like

Ah, that’s great news! Thanks for that. It was driving me crazy. I couldn’t work it out as the excerpt windows were blank! :sweat_smile: Much appreciated!

Regarding my other query, any idea why my blog sidebar widgets are displaying in different sizes?

Hi @fuzzypixels,

The widgets are having the same font, but the sizes differ as they are rendering with the different CSS classes.
Like your categories are rendered with an unordered list with the parent class widget_categories and on the other hand
your recent posts are rendered with the same unordered list with the parent class widget_recent_entries.
You can make that similar by adding a small piece of custom code at Theme Options > CSS

.widget.widget_categories li a {
display: block;
border-bottom: 0 !important;
font-family: “Lato”,“Helvetica Neue”,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;
font-size: 135.7%;
font-weight: 400;
line-height: 1.2;
}

Remember that the suggestion in the above-mentioned thread will work if copied as it is and doesn’t conflict with any existing code.
Please note that the code provided serves only as a guide to help you get started custom coding on your own if there’s no option offered in our theme or the products we bundle.
We do not provide support for custom codes that means we can’t fix it in case it conflicts with something in your site nor will we enhance it.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.