Slider Revolution 6.6.7 Google Fonts Issue

I need to contact you about Slider Revolution because I don’t have a full license from Themepunch and they don’t want to help me even though I think it’s a very urgent bug!!!

To comply with the GDPR I wanted to cache the fonts locally in Slider Revolution.

Bildschirmfoto 2022-11-19 um 10.13.56

Now the following problem occurs in version 6.6.7:
For you to reproduce the issue, i have a slider that should use both a custom locally installed font and one from Google.

Local font: SpringLight (installed via CSS)
Google font: Roboto

Slider Revolution now tries to load both fonts from Google API and throws the following error ON THE FRONT HOMEPAGE:

Bildschirmfoto 2022-11-18 um 09.06.46

This error should NEVER appear in the frontend, especially not if the Google logo is embedded directly by Google! (What triggers even more a GDPR case!!)

However, when I set it to the “Disable, Load on your own” option, Slider Revolution doesn’t work properly at all and the fonts in Slider Editor are also destroyed:

Bildschirmfoto 2022-11-19 um 10.13.21

But the biggest problem is still that the Google Fonts error message should NEVER be seen in the frontend!!!

Hey @Regnalf,

I could not replicate this issue in Slider Revolution 6.6.5 which is the current version we provide.

As an example, I used the Google Font Roboto on my test site, then I used Cache Fonts Locally to automatically host the Google Font on my site. It works so I’d recommend you only use this method instead of manually loading using CSS.

Also, please install the Slider Revolution version we currently provide then test again.

If you are already using version 6.6.5 and the problem persists, please perform the following steps, preferably in your staging site:

1. Deactivate all 3rd party plugins
  2. Switch to the parent theme
  3. Give us your Staging Site URL, Admin username and password in a Secure Note
  4. Tell us the name of your slider

Thanks.

I consulted with the website owner, apparently they bought a license for the Slider Revolution a long time ago, but their support has also expired in the meantime. Sorry for that.

The font is loaded via CSS directly in the global settings because it is not a Google font.

Could you also try this case again with your setup? (See Secure Note)

Hey @Regnalf,

The SpringLight font works both in the Slider Editor and in the Front End.

To avoid the Google Font API error, and avoid the messed up editor display, you need to use Cache Fonts Locally

Hope that helps.

Well, that is excactly what i did, then i got this ugly frontend error message! (What never should be in frontend, whatever slider revolution version)
My only solution was “disable, load on your own” to prevent this.
I gave you credentials to that site (Be carefull, this is a LIVE Site)

Hey @Regnalf,

I see you’re still using Slider Revolution 6.6.7. I previously mentioned that you should use 6.6.5 because that is what we provide or support. Please uninstall Slider Revolution and reinstall using the instruction here: https://theme.co/docs/revolution-slider

After you downgrade, copy your live site to a staging server. I know this requires work, but we aren’t responsible if your site breaks if you let us investigate your live site. Troubleshooting or even just replicating the issue might break a site or produce errors. Please then give us the staging WordPress Login URL.

Thanks.

Ok, nevermind. I will talk to my customer, that he have to renew the slider revolution support and we will open a ticket there.

But thanks for your kind support offer.

You are most welcome, @Regnalf

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.