Slider Rev fonts- have tried everything

Hi there, hoping someone can help me out. I have been trying to install a custom font to use in Revolution Slider for many hours here today. I followed instructions in the following posts:

I would appreciate any assistance you can provide. The font I am trying to add is Mistrully. It works on the rest of my site but I understand that Rev Slider doesn’t use the X font manager. I am really struggling here.
I will include credentials in a secure note in hopes that someone can spot the issue.

Hello @jlswilton,

Thanks for the updates.

Make sure that you have added the correct and absolute path to the font file.

• See the screenshot in the secure note below

Cheers.

Thanks for the reply. I saw that you added the File Manager plugin. I am using the correct path, and it still isn’t working. What am I missing? Here is what I have in there: https://mysamplesite.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/12/Mistrully.woff

I also uploaded the file per SR’s online instructions to a different location and renamed it to try that:
https://mysamplesite.com/wp-content/themes/x-child/webfont/mistrully-webfont.woff

I have tried it with http://wp-content/etc, also to no avail.

Am I missing something? When I go to the Editor and then select Style, I see them in the drop down list but selecting them produces no change. Why are they not rendering? Is there another step I need to take? Appreciate your further guidance.

Hey @jlswilton,

This is what I am seeing right now. Is the text on the slider not displaying the right font family?

Cheers.

It is not. The ‘your style is our specialty’ should be in the Mistrully font, and the top line should be Montserrat (I can get Montserrat to work as it is a google font). Mistrully is the custom font I’m trying to use. It shows up in my drop down list of fonts, but never actually changes the font if I select it. Thanks for your continued assistance.

Hello @jlswilton,

Make sure to change the font family of the your style is our specialty text so that we can inspect why the font is not working.

Best Regards.

It’s updated now. I have tried that multiple times and even tried re-adding the font and nothing happens. It is working elsewhere on the site so I know it is loading to the site properly. Thanks for your help.

Hey @jlswilton,

We’re glad that it is now working properly on your end.

Cheers!

No, it’s not working. I changed the font family and nothing happens. I am trying to be as clear as possible. I have tried every solution mentioned in the posts above, to no avail. Please help. My original post about this was 20 days ago. I really need to resolve this.

Hello @jlswilton,

To set the custom font I would suggest you please follow these steps.

1. Go to the slider and select the text layer where you want to set the custom font.

2. Go to the Attributes

3. Add the custom CSS class(“mistrully-style-text”)there in the classes text field.
    Please have a look at the screenshot

4. Now add this custom CSS code to the Global CSS

.mistrully-style-text{
     font-family: "mistrully-headers",cursive !important;
     }

Please note that you need to add this custom CSS class to each slide layer where you want the font to be displayed in the “Mistrully” font. You may change the custom class name as per your requirement. In case you want to change the CSS class name then you need to change it in the custom CSS code as well. The purpose of providing custom CSS is to show you how to add CSS code to your site. Writing custom CSS is outside the scope of our theme support. If you need more customization, you need to learn CSS and learn how to use the browser’s element inspector.In case you have no idea about coding you can subscribe to One where customization questions are answered.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

I have done all of this. I went back and did it again, just to confirm. Did you test to see if it actually worked while you were on the site? It does not. I am not a CSS novice. Have a look at the global CSS and you will see this. I am using this font successfully on the site, directly beneath the sliders on the home page, in fact. If you look upthread from this, you can see all of the solutions I have tried. I have used slider rev enough to know that it can be buggy and unintuitive. Respectfully, I request that you test your own solution on the ‘test’ slider module on my site and see if you can get it to work. I have been a longtime customer of Themeco and have purchased dozens of licenses. I have used Slider Revolution many times. There is something wrong here. I would appreciate your help and not the canned response about writing css being outside your scope. You clearly do it all the time, and this feels like a product defect rather than ineptitude on my part. I am really, really frustrated with this, and would appreciate your help.

Hello @jlswilton,

I have created a test page and inserted a slider there on the “Themeco test” page. I would suggest you please have a look at the page on your end it is working fine now.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.