Site works but Uncaught Error

Hello!

The last week or so I have been receiving notices that there is an uncaught error on my site as follows (generated by the Wordpress Your Site Is Experiencing Technical Errors email):-

Error message: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function x_get_view() in /home/customer/www/mysiteurl.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/x/404.php:15

My X Theme is up to date, as is Wordpress, I have not added any new plugins recently. Could you please advise what the issue could be and any steps I might be able to take to fix the problem? The site shows up fine on the frontend, dashboard backend is fine also.

Hi Cynth,

Thank you for writing in, do you have Themeco extensions plugin installed especially Custom 404? If so, please make sure those are up to date.

Updating Extensions

Remember to clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Another thing you can do is to Increase your PHP Memory Limit.

If the issue persists, please enable the WP_DEBUG on your site, it might give us a clue what is causing the issue.

Debugging in WordPress

I also advise that you contact your hosting support too, they might track what was causing the issue.

Cheers!

Hi @friech,

Thanks for getting back to me. Regarding your suggestions:-

1. Custom 404 is installed. X Theme is updated to the latest, so I assume Custom 404 is also the latest version? Otherwise, please advise how else I can update the Extension?

2. PHP Memory Limit is larger than recommended 512MB.

3. Ran WP_DEBUG - however, no debug.log was generated when I accessed the front-end of the site and also specifically the custom 404 page, so I gather this to mean no error was found?

Could there be any other issues with the theme or anything else I could check?

Hi @cynth,

I recommend the following troubleshooting procedures before we investigate the settings.

1. TESTING FOR THEME RELATED ISSUE
  2. TESTING FOR PLUGIN CONFLICT
  3. THEME UPDATE
  4. CHILD THEME
  5. CSS/JS CUSTOMIZATION
  6. VERSION COMPATIBILITY

Only if none of those help, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.